LONDON, Dec. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The IR detector market for IR spectroscopy is estimated to be worth USD 224.5 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period. The market size, in terms of volume, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period. IR detector is one of the important components of IR spectroscopy devices. Thus, the increasing shipment of IR spectroscopy devices would foster the growth of the IR detector market in the near future.
"Indium gallium arsenide (InGaAs)-based IR detector is expected to gain maximum traction during the forecast period"
The IR detector market is segmented on the basis of detector technology into mercury cadmium telluride (MCT), deuterated triglycine sulfate (DTGS), indium gallium arsenide (InGaAs), and others. Of these, the InGaAs-based IR detector market is expected to grow at a higher rate than that of the other IR detector technologies during the forecast period. InGaAs-based IR detector is mostly used in NIR spectroscopy devices. Thus, the increasing use of NIR spectroscopy devices in a number of applications in food & beverages, environmental, biological, and other applications foster the growth of the InGaAs-based IR detector market.
"North America held the largest market share in 2015."
North America held the largest share of the IR detector market for IR spectroscopy market in 2015 and is expected to lead the global market during the forecast period. The key players in the IR detector and IR spectroscopy have their presence in this region. The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for the several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key opinion leaders. The break-up of the profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 25%, Tier 2 – 42%, and Tier 3 – 33%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 17%, Directors – 41%, and Others – 42%
- By Region: Americas – 50%, APAC – 17%, Europe – 25%, and RoW – 8%
The increasing shipments of IR spectroscopy devices and the industry practice of upgrading old IR spectroscopy device with new IR detector modules are expected to drive the growth of the IR detector market for IR spectroscopy in the next five years.
The key players operating in the IR detector market for IR spectroscopy profiled in the report are:
1. Allied Vision Technologies GmbH (Germany)
2. BaySpec, Inc. (U.S.)
3. Episensors Inc. (U.S.)
4. Excelitas Technologies Corp. (U.S.)
5. FLIR Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
6. Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan)
7. HORIBA, Ltd (Japan)
8. LASER Components GmbH (Germany)
9. Newport Corporation (U.S.)
10. Sofradir (France)
11. Teledyne DALSA Inc. (U.S.)
12. UTC Aerospace Systems (U.S.)
Objective of the study:
- To define, describe, and forecast the IR detector market for the IR spectroscopy application on the basis of detector technology, spectrum sensitivity, cooling requirement, and product type
- To forecast the market size (in terms of value and volume) for various market segments with respect to four main regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW)
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the IR detector market for the IR spectroscopy application
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments of the IR detector market for the IR spectroscopy application
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4093400/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spectroscopy-ir-detector-market-by-detector-technology-spectrum-sensitivity-cooling-requirement-product-type---global-forecast-to-2022-300378740.html