SRI International to Host Xconomy Forum: Robo Madness 2014 Third Annual Robotics Forum to Address Social, Economic and Entrepreneurial Questions
MENLO PARK, Calif., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SRI International will host Xconomy's annual technology forum, Robo Madness, on April 10, 2014, from 1 to 6:30 p.m. at SRI's headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
Taking place during National Robotics Week, the event brings together some of the industry's foremost thought leaders to discuss current trends in robotics while exploring the business, social and innovation implications for the coming years.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Helen Greiner, Founder and CEO, CyPhy Works
- Scott Hassan, CEO, Suitable Technologies
- Jason Calaiaro, Lead Engineer, Matternet
- Curt Carlson, President and CEO, SRI International
- Ryan Gariepy, Chief Technology Officer, Clearpath Robotics
- Brian Gerkey, CEO, Open Source Robotics Foundation
- James Gosling, Chief Software Architect, Liquid Robotics
- Vikas Gupta, CEO, Play-i
- Peter Hebert, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Lux Capital
- William Li, CEO, Knightscope
- Rich Mahoney, Director, Robotics Program, SRI International
- John Markoff, Senior Writer, The New York Times
- David Mindell, Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics and of the History of Technology, MIT
- Paolo Pirjanian, CTO, iRobot
- Wade Roush, Chief Correspondent and Editor, Xconomy
- Graham Ryland, President and Co-founder, Barobo
- Aydin Senkut, Founder and Managing Director, Felicis Ventures
- Aubrey Shick, Founder and CEO, Origami Robotics
- Frank Tobe, Editor, The Robot Report; Co-founder, Robo-Stox
- Melonee Wise, Co-founder and CEO, Unbounded Robotics
- Devdutt Yellurkar, Partner, Charles River Ventures
Visit the event web page for more information, including the event schedule and registration information.
About SRI International
Innovations from SRI International have created new industries, billions of dollars of marketplace value, and lasting benefits to society—touching our lives every day. SRI, a nonprofit research and development institute based in Silicon Valley, brings its innovations to the marketplace through technology licensing, new products, and spin-off ventures. Government and business clients come to SRI for pioneering R&D and solutions in computing and communications, chemistry and materials, education, energy, health and pharmaceuticals, national defense, robotics, sensing, and more. Visit SRI's website and Timeline of Innovation to learn more about SRI.
Xconomy is an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Texas, and Wisconsin. It is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today's high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by the "Xconomists," who include some of the world's leading innovators.
SOURCE SRI International