SSH Communications Security Launches Auditor and Compliance Education Program
Program Delivers Tools and Education to Enhance Access Controls and Encrypted Channel Monitoring to PCI, SOX and FISMA Compliance Professionals
HELSINKI and WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous Secure Shell and SFTP protocols, today announced the launch of its new Auditor and Compliance Education (ACE) Program, designed to help audit and compliance professionals implement new PCI-DSS and other compliance requirements relating to access controls and monitoring of encrypted networks.
- With the launch of the ACE Program, SSH Communications Security is expanding its longstanding commitment to help enterprises reduce risk by providing free tools and resources, often through partnerships with compliance bodies.
- The newest changes to PCI-DSS will mandate controls over Secure Shell-enabled system access.
- SSH Communications Security has been working with NIST on an intergovernmental report concerning access controls to Secure Shell environment, which will ultimately impact FISMA checklists.
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore recently strengthened its network access controls and continuous monitoring requirements that govern financial institutions operating in Singapore which, due to its status as one of Asia's premier banking hubs, impacts many of world's largest banks and related business partners
- Other compliance standards, such as SOX, HIPAA and NERC/FERC, also mandate that organizations control who has access to what information within their networks.
For more information on SSH's Auditor and Compliance Program please visit www.ssh.com/ace
Tatu Ylönen, founder and CEO, SSH Communications Security, said:
"Historically, a lack of specific instructions, testing requirements or awareness has left most enterprises with significant gaps in their risk and compliance postures. Most major compliance regulations currently only refer in general terms to access controls and monitoring of encrypted networks. Over the past two years, we have been working directly with major compliance bodies to bolster the current compliance framework with language tailored to protect the machine-to-machine connections that make up nearly 90 percent of network logins."
Jonathan Lewis, director of product marketing and ACE program manager, SSH Communications Security, said:
"Secure Shell is often overlooked in compliance audits, typically because many auditors lack tools and methods to test for specific Secure Shell compliance issues. With the launch of our free SSH Risk Assessor tool, we have provided auditors with the means to discover the scope of risk found in poorly-managed Secure Shell environments. Our expanded educational offerings and outreach now provide additional support to professionals working in the front lines of audit, compliance and security."
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe—including seven of the Fortune 10—trust our Information Assurance Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
For more information on SSH Communications Security please visit http://www.ssh.com
SOURCE SSH Communications Security
More by this Source
Major Tech Company Selects SSH Communications Security's CryptoAuditor to Prevent Data Loss
Apr 07, 2014, 08:00 ET
SSH Communications Security Shortlisted for 2014 SC Magazine Awards Europe
Mar 18, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.