Statement by the Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister of State (Sport), on Announcement of the Nominees to the 2014 Canadian Paralympic Para-Nordic Ski Team
OTTAWA, Feb. 11, 2014 /CNW/ - I am pleased to congratulate the athletes who have been nominated to represent Canada in para-nordic skiing at the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
Canada's Paralympic Para-Nordic Team will comprise:
- Mark Arendz (Hartsville, Prince Edward Island)
- Caroline Bisson (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Colette Bourgonje (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
- Yves Bourque (Bécancour, Quebec)
- Sébastien Fortier (Québec City, Quebec)
- Louis Fortin (Shippagan, New Brunswick)
- Margarita Gorbounova (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Brittany Hudak (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan)
- Chris Klebl (Canmore, Alberta)
- Brian McKeever (Canmore, Alberta)
- Robbi Weldon (Thunder Bay, Ontario)
The team is coached by Robin McKeever (Canmore, Alberta) and Kaspar Wirz (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan).
As the largest single contributor to sport in this country, our Government is proud to support sport participation and excellence from playground to podium.
Canada is a leading sport nation, and I, along with all Canadians, recognize the hard work and dedication of our athletes as they train toward this prestigious milestone in their sport careers.
As Minister of State (Sport), I wish all the best to our Canadian Paralympic Team athletes as they prepare for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi. I would also like to thank the coaches, family, and officials who support and encourage these athletes who will proudly represent our country.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage