BENTONVILLE, Ark., Dec. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT)
released the following statement on a new poll conducted by the Pew Research
Center for the People & the Press showing an overwhelming majority of
Americans have shopped with Wal-Mart this year and have a favorable opinion of
"This poll proves that working families believe Wal-Mart is a good place
to shop and a valued member of the communities we serve," said Sarah Clark,
Wal-Mart spokesperson. "Taken just last week, it also shows that the union
leadership's multi-million dollar negative attack campaign is having no impact
on our business or our customers."
Highlights of the poll:
* 84% of Americans have shopped at a Wal-Mart in the past year.
* People living in households with incomes of less than $30,000 a year
give us our highest marks-proving that those who value Wal-Mart most
need Wal-Mart's low prices the most.
* 69% of those familiar with Wal-Mart have a favorable opinion of
The poll mirrors Wal-Mart's business data:
* Wal-Mart's sales were up 4.3% in November.
* 10 million people shopped at Wal-Mart in the first 6 hours of Black
* Over 138 million people visit Wal-Mart every week.
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood
Markets and SAM'S CLUB locations in the United States. The company also
operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, South
Korea and the United Kingdom. The company's securities are listed on the New
York and Pacific stock exchanges under the symbol WMT. More information about
Wal-Mart can be found by visiting http://www.walmartfacts.com . Online
merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com .
SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.