StemCONN 2013 Stem Cell Symposium April 3 Media Advisory
NEW HAVEN, Conn., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- On Wednesday April 3. from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, the StemCONN 2013 stem cell symposium will bring together at the Onmi Hotel in New Haven international leaders in stem cell research from Connecticut and beyond.
- Opening remarks (9:00 am) by Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy as well as Department of Public Health Commissioner Jewel Mullen, Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Catherine Smith, and Yale School of Medicine Dean Robert J. Alpern.
- Pre-conference breakfast (7:30 am) with Dr. Mark J. Tomisha of the Sloan-Kettering Institute speaking on stem cell therapy for Parkinson's disease
- Afternoon panel discussion (4:15 pm) including Dr. Edison Liu of The Jackson Laboratoies, which is building a new facility in Farmington, CT; and Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, the Connecticut entrepreneur behind today's state-of-the-art gene sequencing technologies. Moderated by Dr. Marc Lalande of the Connecticut Stem Cell Institute.
- Over 90 Scientific posters on display from 11:00 am onwards
- Organizers include the Connecticut Department of Public Health, CURE (Connecticut United for Research Excellence), The University of Connecticut, Wesleyan University, and Yale University. The conference has been held every two years beginning 2007.
The Media are Cordially Invited
- Audio feed provided
- Space reserved for TV cameras
- Credentialed members of the press should register here.
- Scientists and organizers are available for personal interviews. After registering, contact Bill Kelly: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-375-2696.
SOURCE HarveyMalis Communications LLC