LOS ANGELES, March 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- National nonprofit Step Up has announced the 2016 board of directors. Sara Holoubek will serve as chair, succeeding Angela Elbert of Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg, who will remain on the board.
Holoubek takes the helm as Step Up expands into its fourth city, Dallas, serving as a nationally recognized force in the areas of social emotional learning and social capital. Currently offering after-school and mentorship programs for high school girls in the under-resourced communities of Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Step Up engages professional women in its group mentorship model to work alongside teen girls as they become confident, college-bound, career-focused, and ready to join the next generation of professional women.
Holoubek, the CEO of Luminary Labs, has been involved with the organization since 2008 and formerly chaired the New York chapter board of directors. "Sara's professional and personal experiences will help us expand with purpose and passion," CEO Jenni Luke said.
"It is an honor to serve Step Up in this new capacity," said Holoubek. "I'm incredibly inspired by the caliber of our board and staff as we seek to provide even more girls with the required resources to the join the next generation of professional women."
Step Up's 2016 Board of Directors includes:
- Sara Holoubek, CEO, Luminary Labs (chair)
- Diane Holland, Global Chief Financial Officer, POSSIBLE (co-vice chair)
- Barri Rafferty, Senior Partner and CEO, North America, Ketchum (co-vice chair)
- Leslie DeHoff, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP (treasurer)
- Shayna Cook, Partner, Goldman Ismail LLP (secretary)
- Melanie Barr-Levey, Principal, WineSimple
- Marnie Kain Cacossa, EVP, Group Account Director, Grey Group (New York chapter chair)
- Erin Collins, Managing Director, KPMG LLP (LA chapter chair)
- Angela Elbert, Partner, Neal, Gerber and Eisenberg LLP
- Kaye Popofsky Kramer, Founder, Step Up
- Keli Lee, Managing Director, International Content and Talent, ABC Entertainment Group
- Jenni Luke, CEO, Step Up
- Kelley Schadt, Director of Marketing and Community Relations, The Container Store (Dallas chapter chair)
- Wendi Sturgis, Chief Customer Officer, Sales and Services, YEXT
- Marcy Twete, Executive Director, ArcelorMittal USA Foundation (Chicago chapter chair)
About Step Up
Step Up believes all girls should have the opportunity to fulfill their potential. Through after-school and weekend mentorship programs, the nonprofit works with girls from under-resourced communities on becoming confident, college-bound, career-focused, and ready to join the next generation of professional women. www.suwn.org
SOURCE Step Up