PURCHASE, N.Y. and QUINCY, Mass., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Following notification by its supplier, Nestle USA, The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced it removed from sale Hot Pockets Philly Steak & Cheese as a result of the Rancho Feeding Corporation recall of meat products. The USDA announced a recall of Rancho Feeding Corporation meat products because they were produced without all required inspections.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC4369507107, Batch numbers:
- 3021544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3029544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3197544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3240544512 with a best before date of October 2014
- Hot Pocket Croissant Crust Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC 4369505634, Batch numbers:
- 3211544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3248544512 with a best before date of November 2014
- 3283544512 with a best before date of December 2014
Stop & Shop has received no reports of illnesses to date.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Nestle USA Consumer Services at 800-392-4057. In addition customers may call Stop & Shop Customer Service at 1-800-767-7772 for more information. Customers can also visit the Stop & Shop website at www.stopandshop.com.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 60,000 associates and operates 398 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program; has been awarded LEED (EB) certifications for 54 of its existing stores; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.
SOURCE The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC