Stylesight Recaps Leading Trends for Spring/Summer 2014 Dominant Runway Themes Included Clean Lines, Sharp Tailoring, and Bold Prints and Colors
NEW YORK, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Stylesight, the industry leading global content and technology solution for style, fashion and design professionals, is reporting that clean lines and shapes, heavy use of aquatic colors and oceanic prints, and sturdy sportswear were among key trends of the Spring/Summer 2014 women's collections.
"Trends from this year's runway shows were consistent with what we anticipated," said Lizzy Bowring, Fashion Director at Stylesight. "The updated take on prints, silhouettes, and use of fabrics we saw across the runways in New York, London, Milan and Paris confirmed our forecast leading into Spring/Summer 2014 fashion week."
Stylesight identified the following key themes from the Spring/Summer 2014 collections:
- Mathematical Precision: Sharp, geometric lines and asymmetric shapes by way of clean tailoring through tucking, folding and pleating created new dimensions in a color scheme dominated by white, black, porcelain neutrals and metallics.
- Aquatic Inspired Style: An oceanic theme emerged by way of flowing, ethereal silhouettes across a blue color scheme from pale blue to cobalt to indigo inclusive of greens and yellows.
- Safari Luxe: A comprehensive interpretation of soft safari, desert and tribal looks inspired by exotic travel in the form of scenic landscapes and updated animal prints in blues, bright pinks, reds, greens and turquoise arose on the runways.
- Key Materials: An ode to couture appeared through the use of duchess satins, fluid georgettes, exquisite brocades, lace and an abundance of sparkling embellishment; technical fabrics like neoprene and jersey; cottons and linen blends; laser cut and perforated leather; metallics in shimmering shades of gold and tinted hues and dark indigo denim were among the most prominent materials and combination of textures in the collections.
- Must-haves: The key-ticket items that dominated the collections include: midriff baring tops; wide-leg shorts and trousers – both cropped and full length; pleated tea-length skirts; mid-calf pencil skirts; sweater dressing; tee-shaped blouses; collarless coats; and biker jackets.
Stylesight is the fashion industry's leading resource for the most concise and comprehensive runway coverage, producing over 80 reports that analyze each piece in every collection, immediate snapshots of key items and off-the-runway musings from street style to parties to key conversations. Stylesight clients can experience collections up close with Stylesight's Runway: Quick Look, a fast and intuitive way to see every head-to-toe look from every runway in New York, London, Milan and Paris. Follow Stylesight's Spring/Summer 2014 runway coverage at www.stylesight.com/blog.
Stylesight inspires and enables creativity by delivering proven trend forecasting, incisive analysis and market intelligence to the world's leading style, fashion and design brands. Through its premium global content and collaborative cloud-based platform, Stylesight enables more than 40,000 users and 3,000 companies to develop intelligent design while reducing risk, costs and increasing speed to market. The company is headquartered in New York City with offices spanning the globe.