NEW YORK, June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
In recent years, the number of biological drugs in development and reaching the marketplace has increased significantly. The clinical application of these drugs is sometimes limited by a lack of desirable attributes relative to market needs and opportunities. To realize the full therapeutic and commercial potential of biologicals, drug developers and technologists are applying a number of innovative solutions which are aimed at addressing the limitations of biological drugs one by one. Initiatives include formulation techniques, drug processing strategies and subcutaneous injection device design and customization. These technologies are addressing a range of issues that include drug stability, physical properties, drug release profiles and dosing volumes, factors that can directly affect the ability of drugs to be administered subcutaneously.
What You Will Learn
- What are the major limitations holding back the trend toward self administration of biotherapeutic drugs?
- What are the technology initiatives and solutions being applied to biotherapeutic drugs and drug candidates to enable their delivery via subcutaneous injection?
- Who are the important technology suppliers, their capabilities, and their drug development partners?
- What is the market for subcutaneous biotherapeutics today? What will it be in 2022?
- How important are drug developer-technology partner relationships to commercial success?
- What are the essential design factors, technologies and market development issues for increasing the commercial potential of biotherapeutic drugs?
- How are biotherapeutic technology solutions aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting subcutaneous biotherapeutics?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03620303-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/subcutaneous-markets-for-biotherapeutics-300278249.html