Summer's Almost Here and the Savings are Easy with Getaroom.com Dozen Tips to Help Travelers Beat the Crowds and Save Cash on Flights and Hotels
MIAMI, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The hint of summer is in the air, as the spring snow melts away and people start dreaming of exotic trips and surf and sand. Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, offers twelve expert tips for travelers that want to get the most out of their summer vacations by saving money on their hotel stays and flights.
- Travel at the right times. Choose slower days of the week to fly such as Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday and enjoy lower rates. Also look at doing a trip in early or mid-June for less crowds and cooler temps.
- Avoid Memorial Day. This is a big holiday, so stay clear of this week unless you have to go somewhere. And if you do, consider leaving on Saturday and returning later in the week. Flights and rooms are more expensive during the holiday, and you'll have to deal with crowds at attractions.
- Book early. Rates are usually lower when you book 14 or 21 days ahead. Getaroom.com features heavy discounts for advanced bookings – so don't delay!
- High heat tolerance? Las Vegas and Palm Springs are certainly hot in the summer (although they can be a nice break for people from Florida), but they are very cheap destinations. You can get great deals on golf and rooms with massive discounts compared to spring or winter rates.
- Find the secret rates. Getaroom.com features unpublished rate discounts of 10 to 20 percent off rates. Less money spent on the hotel room means more cash for pool drinks and cabanas.
- Do a cost analysis. While driving for shorter and mid-range distances can be the cheaper option, consider the time involved. Driving 10 hours each way instead of flying for an hour and a half can be the difference between a fun trip and a miserable one, especially if you have kids in tow.
- Smartphones are a traveler's friend. Use various apps on your phone or tablet (not while you are driving) to find cheap gas and well-reviewed local places to eat. Get off the highway and explore an area to find some hidden gems.
- Undiscovered Europe awaits. Look at areas such as Scandinavia and Scotland for remoteness and scenery and Poland for its amazing history and inexpensive accommodations. The top big cities in Europe can be annoyingly crowded in the summer.
- Need internet on your flight? Visit www.gogoair.com for savings of 15%, so you won't miss any work or status updates.
- Check Southwest. The airline features late summer travel sales with rates as low as $69 for bookings done before May 8th. Added bonus – free bag checks.
- NYC is on sale. Memorial Day means some bargains are available in the Big Apple. Hotels such as One UN, the St. Giles and the Skyline are close to $200 a night, which is a real bargain for this city.
- Find the extras. Some hotels allow kids to stay free (check the rules). You also should watch parking fees (especially in San Francisco) and Wi-Fi access fees which can add up quickly.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.