SPARKS, Md., June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- After a record-breaking cold winter, everyone has been craving a little warmth and sunshine – and finally, the heat has arrived. Just as the Farmer's Almanac predicted, this summer will be a scorcher, with highest temperatures expected to hit in early- to mid- July through early-August.1 Keep your friends and family cool and satisfied during summer afternoons and backyard get-togethers with no-bake, patriotic and frozen recipes from McCormick. From ice cream sandwiches to colorful shaved ice, you'll survive the summer … no sweat.
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich – Are you a cookie dough lover? Instead of using baked chocolate chip cookies to sandwich ice cream, this frozen treat is prepared with egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough.
- S'mores Pie – At your next summer gathering, serve a pie that combines all the elements of summertime's sweetest treat. A graham cracker crust is topped with a chocolate ganache layer and fluffy marshmallow creme.
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake - This light and fluffy cheesecake is a perfect dessert for summertime. It can be prepared in less than 10 minutes, without your oven.
- Pina Colada Spiced Mousse Minis – Layered with pineapple, toasted macadamia nuts, coconut milk mousse and crushed shortbread, this small-bite dessert has a tropical twist.
Red, White and Blue
- Red, White and Blue Mousse Parfaits - Sweeten your Fourth of July or Labor Day barbecues with a parfait of layered red, white and blue mousse.
- Spiced Triple Berry Shortcakes – Toss seasonal berries with cinnamon, ginger and vanilla for a fresh take on this classic summertime dessert.
- Red, White and Blue Cake - Celebrate the 4th with a patriotic cake of red and blue layers with fresh seasonal berries.
- Frozen Fruit Pops and Cubes - Start with a base of simple syrup, then blend with desired fruit and flavor. Freeze into popsicles or ice cubes. Enjoy cubes with iced tea, lemonade or sparkling water.
- Easy Fruity Shaved Ice – Color and flavor your homemade simple syrup to create fun frosty treats, perfect for beating the summer heat.
- Strawberry Coconut Milk Smoothie – Whip up this delicious frozen treat for a cool breakfast or an afternoon snack. Coconut milk makes it extra creamy and vanilla extract adds a hint of richness.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor with more than $4 billion in annual sales. McCormick manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses – in more than 125 countries and territories. Since Willoughby M. McCormick founded the company selling root beer extract in 1889, McCormick has demonstrated a strong commitment to the communities in which it operates and the planet as a whole. Innovation in flavor and a clear focus on employee engagement and product quality has allowed McCormick to grow its business globally and become the flavor leader it is today. Visit mccormick.com, mccormickcorporation.com and Facebook.com/McCormickSpice for more information.
SOURCE McCormick & Co., Inc.