Sunscreen Bands Designed to Monitor UV Exposure Hit the U.S. Marketplace - Bands Remind You to Reapply Sunscreen and When to Get Out of the Sun Sunscreen bands licensed by Marvel® (Disney), Lifeguard®, Hawkwild, and Alloy Entertainment® make it easy and fun for children and adults to detect UVA/UVB exposure so you don't forget to reapply sunscreen
HUNT VALLEY, Md., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- How much sun is too much sun? Do you forget to reapply sunscreen or even know when you need to reapply? Until now, the answers to these questions were subjective and not always clear. Thanks to JADS International, LLC, a company producing fine health and beauty products and fragrances, consumers can now be reminded to reapply sunscreen and know when to get out of the sun by using the innovative Sunscreen Bands™.
Sunscreen Bands ™ patented color changing technology detects the level of UVA & UVB rays based on the SPF level of an individual's sunscreen lotion, spray or cream. Users should always liberally apply sunscreen to sun exposed skin before going in the sun. Once in the sun, place the band around the wrist and when the band turns dark purple, lather or spray the sunscreen over the band. Bands are pink before they are exposed to sun and quickly turn dark purple upon exposure to demonstrate activation. From dark purple, the bands turn light purple (lavender) as a reminder to reapply sunscreen. This occurs due to the sunscreen losing its strength to protect, thus allowing UV rays to turn the band to light purple (lavender). As the Sunscreen Bands packaging states, users need to check directions for use on their sunscreen label for reapplying directions. The bands gradually turn cream color to alert the wearer that they have reached maximum sun exposure for the day.
Not only are the bands an important part of sun protection awareness, they are fun to wear. JADS partnered with Marvel, LIFEGUARD®, Alloy Entertainment and Save the Ta-tas® to design fashionable bands that appeal to kids and adults alike. All band designs work the same. Designs include:
- Spiderman and The Hulk Sunscreen Bands – Licensed to JADS by Marvel, these superheroes bands remind children that it may be time to reapply sunscreen. Kids love watching the color changes of the bands.
- Gurl Sunscreen Bands - Inspired by Alloy Entertainment's popular teen girl life website and community, www.gurl.com. Creative fun design for girls.
- LIFEGUARD® Sunscreen Bands – With the iconic LIFEGUARD® cross prominently displayed, these bands appeal to those who spend their days in the sun keeping swimmers, boaters, and beachgoers reminded of their sun exposure for the day.
- Save the Ta-tas® Sunscreen Bands – Licensed by the Save the Ta-tas® Foundation, a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of these bands goes to support breast cancer awareness and research.
- Sports Sunscreen Bands – For athletes and sports fans. Design inspired by all outdoor sports: Tennis, Baseball/Softball, Soccer, Running, Football, Track & Field, Walking, Lacrosse and much more.
- Pet Paws Sunscreen Bands – For animal lovers, the design features cute paw prints that remind you of your pet whenever you are in the sun. Great for dog walking too.
- Flower Sunscreen Bands – Created for gardeners exposed to the sun, or for anyone who enjoys flowers and plants.
- Peace and Love Sunscreen Bands – Embracing the hippie lifestyle, peace signs and messages of love make this band attractive and cool for kids.
The variety of Sunscreen Band designs makes reapplying sunscreen fun for kids and easier for parents. The bands help take the guess work out of the reapplication process and provide peace of mind for parents in knowing when children have had enough sun exposure for the day. Children enjoy watching the band change color and many will share the status of their band color change with their parents or caregivers.
"The intensity of UV radiation depends on altitude, latitude, season, air pollution, clouds in the sky, reflectivity and numerous other factors. Until now, determining sun exposure was somewhat of a guessing game for consumers," said Andrew Levine, Chief Executive Office of JADS. "With skin cancer on the rise, we wanted to introduce a product that would take sunscreen awareness and use to the next level and keep people smarter and in-the-know regarding how to make sure they are using their sunscreen correctly," said Nicole Zujovic, President of JADS.
Sunscreen Bands work in salt and pool water so they are perfect for water sports. The bands are calibrated to work with all sunscreen lotions, creams, and sprays SPF 15 or higher. They are also calibrated for people with Type II Skin through Type VI, but are not recommended for persons with Type I skin (the fairest type). Children, especially those 5 years or younger, often have more sun-sensitive skin than adults. It is best to protect skin of children 5 years or younger as if it were Type I in nature. The bands can be recycled after use. JADS also offers private labeling and can create designs for schools, camps, companies, fundraisers or other organizations.
Starting in March, Sunscreen Bands will be sold at Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Kmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Giant Food, HEB, Brookshire Grocery, Buy Buy Baby, Kinney Drugs, Hy-vee and Legoland Florida. Sunscreen Bands are sold in packs of five.
For more information on Sunscreen Bands and how to purchase them, visit www.sunscreenbands.com.
About JADS International, LLC.
JADS is a worldwide health and beauty and fragrance company built on the principles of developing and marketing niche high quality products and providing exceptional service at a fair price. Our diversified product range continues to grow by setting trends, improving our standard products, and most importantly, listening to the customer to exceed their expectations. Well known JADS fragrance collections include Star Trek (Tiberius Cologne for Men, Pon Farr Perfume for Her, Red Shirt Cologne, Shirtless Kirk Cologne and Sulu Pour Homme), Star Wars (Slave Leia Perfume, Eau Lando Cologne), and Marvel (The Avengers, Spiderman Cologne and Deadpool Cologne). For more information, visit www.jadsinternational.com.
SOURCE JADS International, LLC