SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in compute, storage, and networking technologies and green computing is demonstrating the very latest server and storage technologies and unveiling its new Supermicro Rack Scale Design (Supermicro RSD) at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) today in booth 600. Supermicro is also hosting a Gold Sponsor Session on Wednesday from 2:30-3:30pm in Room 2003, where company experts will present their latest developments in Supermicro RSD.
At IDF, Supermicro is showcasing the latest innovations in server and storage technologies including an all-flash high-availability-in-a-box SuperStorage 2U 40-Bay dual-port NVMe system with dual node "Simply Double" based storage exhibiting up to 5Tb/s throughput and over 1.28PB storage capacity in a 42U rack; highest density and efficiency 3U and 6U MicroBlade; and a 7U 8-Way SuperServer with 24TB memory capacity supporting the new Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v4/v3 product families and up to 16 U.2 NVMe drives. Supermicro is also exhibiting a 48 NVMe "Simply Double" SuperStorage server and a 4U/tower development workstation supporting the new Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors (formerly code named Knights Landing) with integrated or external Intel® Omni-Path fabric option.
In addition, Supermicro is lifting the veil on Supermicro RSD, which is architected to dramatically improve CPU and storage utilization rates, agility and efficiency in the datacenter. As a pre-packaged and pre-validated rack solution built on an open standards-based architecture, Supermicro RSD employs existing Supermicro hardware and open standards-based API-driven Redfish management.
"As the first-to-market leader, Supermicro provides enterprise, cloud, storage and IoT customers with the very latest advancements in technologies such as CPUs, GPUs, NVMe, M.2 and new form factor flash storage to enhance their competitiveness and help ensure future success," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Supermicro RSD, when combined with our comprehensive range of end-to-end server, storage and networking solutions, will provide datacenters with unsurpassed competitive advantages."
"Supermicro adoption of Intel Rack Scale Design across a wide range of their product lines offers a variety of solutions to meet the diverse needs of end users," said Charles Wuischpard, vice president, Data Center Group, general manager Scalable Datacenter Solutions Group at Intel. "These Intel RSD solutions will bring industry standards-based, hyperscale-inspired capabilities such as resource discovery, compose-ability and telemetry to the broad market, enabling improved customer TCO and flexibility through dynamic deployment and manageability of datacenter infrastructure."
Supermicro IDF Exhibits
- Supermicro RSD – A superset of the Intel Rack Scale Design (RSD), which enables dynamic management of compute, memory, PCI-e expansion and storage resources for more efficient and higher utilization of datacenter assets. Leading product lines initially implementing Supermicro RSD include the company's Ultra NVMe, TwinPro™, FatTwin™, and SuperStorage servers along with Supermicro 1G and 10G Ethernet switches and SuperRack® technologies. Based on Redfish APIs, the Supermicro Rack Management Module (SRMM) will simplify management of hardware assets in a rack and work in concert with Supermicro's POD Manager to offer speedy deployment and require less manpower for datacenter management. Supermicro RSD technology provides a foundation to build the future infrastructure for both datacenter and cloud environments.
- 7U 8-Way (MP) SuperServer – Latest generation Supermicro 8-Way multi-processor (MP) system features up to 192 CPU cores and 192 DDR4 memory DIMM slots. Eight CPU modules and two storage modules are located in the front of the system with each CPU module supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v4/v3 product family with QPI up to 9.6GT/s, 24 DDR4 memory DIMMs, (total 192 DDR4 DIMMs for complete system), 1 PCI-E 3.0 (x16) or optional 2x 2.5" hot-swap U.2 NVMe; 2 storage modules each supporting 6 hot-swap 2.5" HDD/SSD, three 3.5" HDD with optional ten 2.5" HDD/SSD, one PCI-E (x8 in x16) and an optional RAID card. Chassis supports 5 rear hot-plug FHHL PCI-E 3.0 (x8 in x16) modules, SIOM expansion with 4x 10GbE and 1x 1GbE IPMI ports, and 5 redundant (N+1) 1600W Titanium Level high efficiency (96%+) power supplies. Solution is optimized for mission-critical workloads in scale-up HPC, in-memory computing, and large-scale virtualization.
- 3U/6U MicroBlades – designed for best advantages over many industry standard architectures with all-in-one total solution, ultra high density, ultra-low power consumption, best performance per watt per dollar, high scalability, and best ease of service. The MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches in 3U or up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4 SDN Switches in 6U for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 4 or 8 redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%+) power supplies with cooling fans.
- 2U 40 Dual-port NVMe All-Flash SuperStorage Solutions – A 2U 40 dual-port, dual-controller, all-NVMe system supporting up to 30GB/s per system throughput via Intel 100G Omni-Path networking, unrivaled in the industry. Benefits include largest improvements in throughput (up to 12x) and latency (up to 7x), shared common backplane that improves flexibility of drive choice, 2.5" U.2 (SFF-8639) form factor for improved hot-swap serviceability vs. PCI-E Flash cards, and improved power efficiency. Supermicro server solutions with NVMe target HPC, Energy, 3D modeling and graphical design, HFT, Database, Search Engine, High Security Encryption, and VDI in cluster and supercomputing applications; in Cloud, Virtualization, and Enterprise environments.
- SuperWorkstation supporting Intel Xeon Phi processor – Supermicro's Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor-based computing platforms. In conjunction with Intel Xeon processors, the Intel Xeon Phi processor forms a compelling tag team to utilize common instruction sets and support multiple programming models, helping to make it easier to manage parallel computing applications in the hybrid environment and take advantage of the powerful processing resources of Supermicro's HPC platforms. Engineering, scientific and research fields can dramatically accelerate application performance with minimal investment in development with Supermicro's Intel Xeon Phi processor-based supercomputing solutions. Hybrid platforms support latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product families. The 4U Tower SYS-5038K-I is intended for designers wishing to develop applications for this exciting new processor/networking option.
- 2U Simply Double SuperStorage – Solutions offer up to twice the storage capacity and IOPS in the same amount of space of traditional 2U front load storage systems. Second set of drive bays are arrayed in a patented Riser Bay located on the top of the Simply Double systems for easy access and servicing. Available in 2.5" or 3.5" drive bays, and that also support All-Flash NVMe SSDs or SAS 3.0 HDDs. Feature two additional rear 2.5" hot-swap drive bays, 3 PCI-E 3.0 slots, redundant Titanium Level (96%+) power supplies, and support for Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4/v3 product families.
For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, please visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/supermicro-rack-scale-design-8-way-superserver-with-24tb-memory-microblade-and-all-flash-nvme-servers-highlighted-at-the-intel-developer-forum-2016-300313895.html
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.