Survey Says: Half of Today's Singles Have Used a Dating Service
September 19-25 is National Singles Week. 52% of Women and 48% of Men in the
United States Have Used a Dating Service Compared to Only 8% a Decade Ago.
DENVER, Sept. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Just a decade ago, only 8% of U.S. singles stated that they had ever used a dating service. Times have changed. Today's singles are taking more proactive steps to improve their dating lives. According to a recent study of 3,968 singles, 48% of men and 52% of women have used a dating service to increase their odds of meeting someone. The study was conducted by It's Just Lunch, a professional dating service that studies the behaviors and attitudes of single people. Leslie Lessig, President and Director of It's Just Lunch in Denver, said, "Denver has a high number of attractive, educated singles -- this town has every reason to celebrate National Singles Week!" How important is money? The study found that women do care how much money their partner makes. 88% of women said that money is very important in a relationship. On the other hand, 46% of men say it doesn't matter how much money their partner makes. Both sexes agree on one thing: 63% of men and 67% of women believe that a relationship is more important than a career. Do dating and politics go together? 65% of men and 60% of women don't talk politics until after the third date. Denver men are different -- 53% of men in Denver will talk politics on the first date. How far will singles go to be attractive? Singles, particularly men, are taking proactive steps to improve their dating lives. 63% of men have joined a gym to increase their odds of meeting someone. 37% of women joined a gym and 36% have gone on a diet to improve their dating life. Only 3% of women have resorted to plastic surgery to attract that someone special. When does a couple become exclusive? 70% of men and 82% of women agree that a couple is not in an exclusive relationship unless it is has been discussed by both parties; however, 21% of men believe that this occurs in fewer than four dates. Are people judgmental on first dates? Apparently, men are quick to judge. 68% of men will not go on a second date if there was no chemistry. Women are more willing to give it a second chance. 56% of women will go on a second date and hope that the chemistry improves. How soon do dating couples introduce each other to their parents? Men bring their dates home to mom earlier. On average, 47% of men will introduce a date to the family after five dates. Women are more cautious -- 74% of women will wait until after at least 10 dates. How soon do dating couples introduce each other to their friends? Men are quick to introduce a date to their friends. 73% of men, but only 11% of women, said they would introduce a date to their friends in less than four dates. On average, 48% of women will wait until the seventh date to introduce a date to their friends. There are currently over 110 million singles in the United States. The dating industry is estimated at nearly $1.5 billion and is growing at 25% annually. It's Just Lunch recognizes National Singles week, September 19-25, 2004. "It's Just Lunch has been keeping its finger on the pulse of single professionals throughout the country for 14 years," said Andrea McGinty, It's Just Lunch founder. "We've found that single professional men and women are interested in finding someone special and they are broadening their resources to make it happen." About It's Just Lunch Since It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991, the company has arranged thousands of fun, first date lunches or drinks after work in an atmosphere where singles can feel comfortable with the process of meeting a new person. With 65 locations worldwide, each day It's Just Lunch arranges hundreds of fun first dates over lunch or drinks after work at over 1,100 restaurants. With over 50% of introductions leading to a second date, It's Just Lunch is the world's leading first date authority. For additional information, visit www.itsjustlunch.com. For further information, please contact: Heather Gallien, +1-303-295-3845, or cell, +1-303-437-9570, Heather@ideeforcecommunications.com, for It's Just Lunch.
SOURCE It's Just Lunch
More by this Source
Valentine's Day Might be the Most Polarizing Holiday for the Sexes
Feb 06, 2014, 06:00 ET
How Technologically Advanced Do You Have to be in Today's Dating Scene?
Feb 05, 2014, 09:00 ET
Sunday's Big Game: Is it the Game of Love?
Jan 29, 2014, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.