Target Helps Guests Kick-off Canada Day in Style
From picnics at the beach to barbeques at home, Target is your celebration destination
MISSISSAUGA, ON, June 25, 2013 /CNW/ - In the lead-up to the coveted Canada Day long weekend, Target is providing guests with everything they need to celebrate in style. For a limited time, Target will carry a selection of affordably-priced Canada-themed merchandise, bursting with red, white and maple leafs. Canada-themed paper cups, table cloths, ice cube moulds, flying discs and footballs are just the beginning of the items available at Target to add some national pride to any long-weekend celebration.
"We're excited to have our first 48 Target stores open and to help guests in these communities celebrate Canada Day," said John Morioka, senior vice president, merchandising, Target Canada. "From Nanaimo, British Columbia to Lindsay, Ontario, we know all Canadians look forward to kicking back and enjoying Canada Day and we're happy to provide our new guests with everything they need to make their long-weekend planning easy and fun."
In addition to Canada-themed party supplies and essentials, Target's grocery assortment includes everything needed to create mouth-watering summer recipes. From the grill or the stove top, ingredients found at Target are the perfect start to countless crowd-pleasing creations.
Rather than serving your guests the usual hot dog, burger or sausage, spice things up on the grill with some inspirations from Target that are sure to be crowd-pleasers for guests of any age.
Pineapple Shrimp Pizza
Makes 4 servings
Hands on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 package of Archer Farms Naan bread, Original or Garlic
- About ½ cup Archer Farms Peach Pineapple Salsa, divided
- 16 frozen large cooked shrimp, thawed according to package directions, tails removed
- 3 or 4 sweet mini peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 green onion, sliced Cilantro, fresh or dried
- Heat oven to 400⁰F. Place both naan on baking sheet. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa on each naan.
- Toss shrimp with remaining salsa; arrange on naan. Add peppers, red onion and green onion.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until toppings are heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm.
Target Tip: To grill, heat grill to medium. Brush bottom of naan bread with olive oil. Grill pizzas over indirect heat 4 to 5 minutes until toppings are heated through.
Sundae Buffet Bar
Total Time: 10 minutes
What you will Need:
- Market Pantry ice cream cones
- Archer Farms Ice Cream
- Choose flavours that your guests will swoon over, such as raspberry cake swirl, chocolate peanut butter swirl or vanilla bean.
- Smuckers Sundae Syrup
- Hershey's Magic Shell Chocolate Syrup
- Archer Farms Monster Trail Mix
- Archer Farms Caramel Cashew Trail Mix
- Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
Five minutes prior to serving, set out Archer Farms Ice Cream, equipped with an ice cream scoop for each one to make it easy for your guests to pick their flavor. Set out all desired condiments with a spoon on the side for serving. Then tell your guests to dig in!
Target Tip: Beside each ice cream container, set a cup of hot water where the ice cream scoops can be placed in between servings to make it easier to scoop!
For a more information, and to find a Target store closest to you, visit www.Target.ca.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,832 stores - 1,784 in the United States and 48 in Canada - and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target's commitment to corporate responsibility, visit target.ca/corporateresponsibility.
SOURCE Target Canada