CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, has announced that it has launched an assistance program to help customers impacted by Hurricane Sandy. Program elements include:
- Fees Refunds on Consumer or Small Business Deposit Accounts – customers impacted by Hurricane Sandy may request to have any non-TD ATM fees, overdraft fees, returned item fees, or overdraft protection fees waived, that resulted from the storm.
- Fees Refunds on Consumer or Small Business Loans and Credit Cards– customers impacted by Hurricane Sandy may request to have any late fees associated with any TD Loans or credit cards refunded, that resulted from the storm.
- Immediate Access to Certificates of Deposit (CDs) – customers may withdraw CDs without any early withdrawal penalty to gain access to these funds, as necessary.
- Debit Cards – instant issue debit cards are available in any of our stores during normal business hours. If a customer is unable to get to a TD Bank location safely and delivery is possible, TD Bank will expedite delivery of a debit card without charge.
- Credit Cards – expedited delivery, within 72 hours (assuming delivery is possible) of credit cards that offer up to $25,000 of immediate credit, based on credit approval.
"Our customers' safety is always a priority for us. The goal of the program is to provide support and peace of mind as our customers deal with this storm," said Nandita Bakhshi, Executive Vice President, Head of Products and Services, TD Bank. "Our thoughts are with those affected by Hurricane Sandy and we hope to play a small part in alleviating some of the financial challenges that may come with a natural disaster of this magnitude."
TD Bank customers should not take risks in dangerous weather to make a deposit or a payment to prevent a potential late fee or overdraft. If a customer is assessed these charges or fees due to Hurricane Sandy, a TD Bank representative can assist in offering a refund.
Customers who want to take advantage of any element of the assistance program should contact a TD Bank representative through our 24/7 live phone support at 1-888-751-9000 or by visiting a TD Bank store when it is safe to do so.
Many TD Bank stores have temporarily closed in preparation for Hurricane Sandy. Up-to-date information on hurricane related, TD Bank store closings is available at http://www.tdbank.com/hurricanealert/.
To learn more about TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, stop by a store, visit us at www.tdbank.com, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDMoneyLoungeUS or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing nearly 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at nearly 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., and Portland, Maine. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDMoneyLoungeUS and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is one of the few banks in the world rated Aaa by Moody's and trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com.
SOURCE TD Bank