TD Charitable Foundation Awards $2.5 Million in Grants to Non-Profits Focused on Affordable Housing Initiatives Twenty-five organizations receive "Housing for Everyone" affordable housing grants to support transitional housing and homeless shelter projects
CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, today announced the winners of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives through its seventh annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition.
The "Housing for Everyone" competition, the TD Charitable Foundation's signature program to bolster affordable housing efforts in communities served by TD Bank, invited non-profits from Maine to Florida to submit proposals outlining their plans and initiatives to support transitional housing and homeless shelter projects.
"This year's winners strive to end homelessness through innovative affordable housing projects that not only help those in transition, but also provides permanent homes for those in need," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. "Our goal is to build successful partnerships that benefit people in our communities, and the Housing for Everyone grants will make a significant impact for those affected by homelessness."
This year's "Housing for Everyone" grants winners are:
- Connecticut: Chrysalis Center, Inc. in Hartford
- Florida: Ability Housing of Northeast Florida in Jacksonville; Broward Partnership for the Homeless in Fort Lauderdale; and Metropolitan Ministries in Tampa
- Maine: Avesta Housing Development Corporation in Portland
- Massachusetts: Caritas Communities in Braintree; Chelmsford Housing Opportunities for Intergenerational Community Endeavors; and Chelsea Neighborhood Developers
- New Hampshire: Harbor Homes, Inc. in Nashua
- New Jersey: Community Access Unlimited in Elizabeth; New Jersey Community Development Corporation in Paterson; and Saint Joseph's Carpenter Society in Camden
- New York: CDC of Long Island Housing Development Fund Corporation; Christian Herald Association in Harlem; Developmental Disabilities Institute in Smithtown; Settlement Housing Fund of New York City; and Women in Need of Brooklyn
- Pennsylvania: Impact Services Corp. in Philadelphia; People's Emergency Center Community Development Corporation in Philadelphia; Project H.O.M.E. in Philadelphia
- North Carolina: Western Carolina Rescue Ministries in Asheville
- Rhode Island: Olneyville Housing Corporation in Providence
- South Carolina: Seacoast Christian Community Church Incorporated in North Charleston
- Vermont: Lamoille Housing Partnership in Morrisville
- Washington, DC: Transitional Housing Corporation
Organizations were required to have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status and to develop or maintain affordable housing, or provide housing-related programs and services to very low-, low- and moderate-income individuals or families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made $98.6 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation's areas of focus are affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing nearly 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at nearly 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., and Portland, Maine. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDMoneyLoungeUS and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is one of the few banks in the world rated Aaa by Moody's and trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com.
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation