CHERRY HILL, N.J., Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Through its "Housing for Everyone" grant competition, TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, will help 25 grant winners provide homes for single-parent families.
The TD Charitable Foundation's 11th annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition will award nonprofit organizations a total of $2.5 million in grants this year to bolster affordable housing efforts from Maine to Florida.
"There are so many single parent families in need of housing, so this year's campaign focus is very important," said Mike Rayder, Donation and Foundation Manager, TD Charitable Foundation. "Housing is a necessity for everyone, and we are invested in making a positive impact in our communities and supporting organizations that provide affordable, quality housing to those who need a bit of help."
This year's "Housing for Everyone" grants winners are:
- Connecticut: Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust, Inc.
- D.C., Washington: Transitional Housing Corporation
- Florida: Neighborhood Renaissance, Inc.; Homeless Emergency Project, Inc.; Riviera Beach Community Development Corporation, Inc.
- Maine: Volunteers of America Northern New England
- Maryland: Volunteers of America Chesapeake, Inc.
- Massachusetts: Newvue Communities, Inc.; Elizabeth Stone House, Inc.; Community Builders, Inc.
- New Hampshire: The Housing Partnership
- New Jersey: Urban League of Essex County; Affordable Housing Alliance, Inc.; Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc.; Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation
- New York: Harlem Congregations for Community Improvement, Inc.; Women in Need, Inc.; Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc.; Community Development Corporation of Long Island, Inc.; New York Institute for Human Development
- Pennsylvania: Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises, Inc.; Gaudenzia, Inc.
- Rhode Island: Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation
- South Carolina: Northside Development Corporation
- Vermont: Lamoille Housing Partnership, Inc.
Organizations were required to have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status or be a governmental agency, and to develop or maintain affordable housing, or provide housing-related programs and services to very low-, low- and moderate-income individuals or families.
A staunch commitment to active involvement in the local community is a vital element of the TD Bank philosophy. TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® and the TD Charitable Foundation provide support to affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and environmental initiatives, many of which focus on improving the welfare of children and families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to support individuals, families and businesses in the communities TD Bank serves, The Foundation has made more than $167.3 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002 primarily in the areas of affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/td-charitable-foundation-awards-25-million-in-grants-to-non-profits-focused-on-affordable-housing-initiatives-300363249.html
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation