T.D. Jakes' MegaFest Returns with Marquee Speakers Joel and Victoria Osteen AUG. 29-31: Tens of Thousands expected to Join Jakes for Family-Focused Event in Dallas
DALLAS, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time in its nine-year history, Bishop T.D. Jakes is bringing MegaFest home to Dallas. MegaFest is the largest family-oriented inspirational festival of its kind—and will feature popular speakers including Houston-based Lakewood Church Pastors Joel and Victoria Osteen. The event will be held August 29-31, 2013.
MegaFest combines four of Jakes' most popular conference series, ManPower, Woman Thou Art Loosed, MegaYouth and MegaKidz, all under a single, unified event.
Tens of thousands of people are expected to attend from some 40 countries. The three-day festival will be primarily held at the Dallas Convention Center and American Airlines Center.
Hosted by Bishop T.D. Jakes, MegaFest offers a positive, family-friendly experience that includes stimulating workshops, high-energy performances by award-winning music artists, and cutting-edge special events for all ages. The festival offers educational, entertaining and empowering activities for men, women, young adults, teens and children including:
- Just Churchin' Comedy Show
- Women of Purpose concert, which will honor women, both locally and nationally, who are making a difference in their communities
- Celebrity Basketball Game
- MegaYouth/MegaKidz concert events
- International Film Festival
- A Family Expo
- Family Fun Zone
- Jazz in the Park
As the fourth-largest metropolitan city in the nation and the No. 1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas, Dallas offers a variety of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Dallas is home to the largest urban arts district in the nation, thirteen entertainment districts, an array of high-end hotels and restaurants and some of the best shopping in the southwest.
- From amusement parks to engaging museums to world-class sporting events, there is something for everyone in Dallas.
- Dallas is a diverse city with a melting pot of cultures and lifestyles. The Dallas population has a racial makeup of 28.8 percent White, 24.6 percent Black and 42.4 percent Hispanic with a median income of $40,650 and a median age of 31.8 with 28.9 percent of the population holding college degrees.
Registration for MegaFest is currently open. A special early-bird registration price of $40 for adults and $20 for youth and children continues through March 1, 2013. For more information, or to register for this family-friendly event, visit www.mega-fest.com.
About The Potter's House
Located in Dallas, The Potter's House is a 30,000-member nondenominational, multicultural church and humanitarian organization led by Bishop T. D. Jakes, twice featured on the cover of Time magazine as "America's Best Preacher" and as one of the nation's "25 most influential evangelicals." The Potter's House has four locations, The Potter's House of Dallas, The Potter's House of Fort Worth, The Potter's House of North Dallas, and The Potter's House of Denver and a Spanish language church, Casa de Fe. www.thepottershouse.org
SOURCE The Potter's House