TD releases its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report: Embedding Responsibility
TORONTO, March 8, 2013 /CNW/ - With a focus on our customers, building an extraordinary workplace, being an environmental leader and strengthening our communities, TD is committed to embedding responsibility in its approach to business.
Today, TD Bank Group released its annual Corporate Responsibility Report, titled Embedding Responsibility. The report complements TD's 2012 Annual Report to Shareholders, by disclosing TD's social, economic and environmental performance for the 2012 fiscal year. Here are some highlights:
- Recognizing that financial literacy is an essential life skill, TD supports many financial literacy programs including the TD Bank WOW!Zone program, which has taught over 1 million American students about money matters since its inception in 1990.
- TD planted over 40,000 trees in over 130 urban and rural communities during TD Friends of the Environment Tree Days, which is part of the TD Forests program, a major environmental initiative launched this year aimed at increasing protected forest habitat and growing forested areas.
- In support of positive change in communities in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, TD donated over $65 million to support various organizations including those with a focus on education and financial literacy, creating opportunities for young people and the environment.
The interactive report includes links to supporting websites, position statements and video content, and the new format supports TD's commitment to the environment by promoting paper reduction. TD continues to advance its reporting with these additional features:
- Scorecards that transparently report on our goals, progress and future performance targets;
- A B+ Level report checked by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI);and
- Independent assurance by Ernst & Young LLP on selected performance indicators.
Any questions or feedback on the 2012 report can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 22 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada; Wealth and Insurance, including TD Waterhouse, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, and TD Auto Finance U.S.; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with more than 9 million online customers. TD had CDN$818 billion in assets on January 31, 2013.The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
SOURCE TD Bank Group