TeleCommunication Systems CEO Reappointed to FCC Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council
ANNAPOLIS, Md., May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that the company's Chairman, CEO and President, Maurice B. Tose, has been reappointed to serve on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council (CSRIC) until 2015. The CSRIC is responsible for providing recommendations to the FCC regarding best practices and actions the Commission can take to ensure the security, reliability and interoperability of communication systems.
- This is Mr. Tose's third term on the Council, and he will continue to share his mission-critical wireless communications expertise with a diverse group of representatives from public safety organizations, government agencies, communications industries, and organizations representing Internet users, utility companies and other public interests.
- Mr. Tose will assist the CSRIC as it fulfills its charter, including:
- Developing and recommending best practices and actions the FCC can take to promote reliable communications services, including 9-1-1, Enhanced 9-1-1, and Next Generation 9-1-1 service.
- Identifying and recommending to the FCC a set of best practices and actions the FCC can take to make communications networks, including broadband networks and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems, more secure and resilient.
- Developing recommendations for actions the FCC should take to enhance the ability of the public to receive timely and accurate emergency alerts and warnings.
- Making recommendations with respect to such additional topics as the FCC may specify.
Under Mr. Tose's leadership, TCS has played an important role in building solutions to some of the most challenging technical problems in the wireless industry. TCS has pioneered solutions for wireless, VoIP, and Next Generation 9-1-1 network-based services, provides cyber security training and secure deployable communication systems in use by our military, and has deployed commercial location applications, such as TCS Family Locator™ and TCS Workforce Locator™. The company is a leader in text messaging technology as well, having delivered almost a trillion text messages in the last 12 months alone. TCS also supplies turn-by-turn navigation products to some of the world's largest carriers and handset manufacturers.
Prior to founding TCS, Mr. Tose was the Director of Department of Defense Programs for Techmatics, Inc. He graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy with a Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Analysis and has an Honorary Doctor of Sciences from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Following his graduation, he served on active duty in the U.S. Navy and retired from the U.S. Navy Reserves as a Commander after 30 years of combined active and reserve service.
To learn more about the CSRIC, visit: http://www.fcc.gov/events/communications-security-reliability-and-interoperability-council.
TCS Chairman, CEO and President Maurice B. Tose said: "The FCC is committed to ensuring that our nation's emergency communications networks are there when they are needed. I look forward to continuing my role on the Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council and to supplying expertise and advice to help the FCC achieve this important mission."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
More by this Source
TeleCommunication Systems to Present at JMP Securities Technology Conference on March 4
Feb 19, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.