ANNAPOLIS, Md., July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced it has been selected as one of approximately 320 awardees under the Consulting and Technical Services + (CATS +) contract. CATS + is the successor to the CATS II contract, which has been administered by the Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT) since June of 2009 and has a current contracting level of over $280 million.
- This contract enables State of Maryland agencies to purchase TCS' Professional and Technical Services in 17 primary areas, including software engineering, information system security, geographical information systems and IT management consulting.
- CATS + is a multiple-awardee, indefinite delivery – indefinite quantity (IDIQ) vehicle, with a base period of 15 years. At three-year intervals following the award of the CATS + master contract, DoIT will announce the next three-year extension.
- TCS is currently providing support to various local and state government agencies within Maryland. CATS + will allow TCS to continue to provide staff augmentation, as well as engineering and installation requirements to multiple state organizations.
- According to Gartner, state and local government IT spending is expected to reach $59.4 billion in 2014 and $62.1 billion in 2015.
- TCS Professional and Technical Services provides field engineering services to support communications systems around the world. This support is supplemented with expert training solutions and extensive documentation resources.
Supporting Quote: TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said, "Maryland state government leads in technology innovation. This win introduces TCS to a wider range of State of Maryland agencies, and they can now take advantage of our world-class Professional and Technical Services. It also shows that TCS' TotalCom® portfolio is as attractive and valuable for state governments, as it is for the federal government. We look forward to serving our home state, and we anticipate expanding our reach to other states."
TCS has established a proven track record for more than 25 years as a trusted provider of communication technology solutions to solve the government's toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TotalCom® offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation the possibility that TCS will not win task orders under the contract, that orders do not get fully funded, and those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the reports on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.