TELUS Health unveils new online healthcare hub
TELUSHealth.com provides healthcare professionals with the resources, tools and technology to help improve health outcomes for Canadians
MONTREAL, Sept. 26, 2012 /CNW/ - TELUS Health unveiled the new TELUSHealth.com today, an online hub to help empower customers with smart healthcare solutions that turn information into better health outcomes - improving the health of Canadians and the effectiveness of the country's healthcare system as a whole.
A decade ago, TELUS decided to offer its world-class technology to healthcare. Today, TELUS Health works with professionals across the country: pharmacists, physicians, allied healthcare providers, health regions, hospitals and homecare, insurers, employers, workers' compensation boards and more.
To date TELUS Health has invested more than one billion dollars to bring healthcare information technology to market and is a leader in telehomecare, electronic medical and health records, consumer health, benefits management and pharmacy management.
With the new TELUSHealth.com:
- Solutions and services information such as eClaims, personal health records and home care monitoring are easy to access and understand using the website's streamlined navigation
- Information is tailored for each industry and Canadian province, so it's easy for users to find the most relevant products and services to meet their needs
- Educational resources, news, events and publications are available to assist professionals in their practice
- Access to technical and sales support for existing and new customers is simpler than ever
- Content is optimized for searchability, helping visitors access resources and tools faster with improved results
"We believe that for Canada's healthcare industry to truly improve, it must harness the power of the very same technologies that are revolutionizing every other industry - from banking, airlines and insurance, to automotive and beyond," said Paul Lepage, senior vice-president, TELUS Health. "By combining the experience of a trusted telecommunications company with healthcare expertise and innovation, TELUS Health has created the new TELUSHealth.com to showcase solutions that link Canadian patients with their providers and turn information into better health outcomes."
Extensively user-tested to focus on customer needs, the new TELUSHealth.com features TELUS Health products and services that span across Canada's healthcare continuum. The site offers customers smart healthcare solutions and other resources that will help health professionals improve both health outcomes for patients and Canadian healthcare in general.
TELUS Health use innovative technologies and applications to better organize information, move it securely and connect all stakeholders. These solutions make a huge difference in five key areas: chronic disease management, medication management, access, prevention and self-care, and performance improvement.
TELUS Health solutions:
- Empower doctors, nurses and extended health teams to share information and provide integrated care efficiently and cost-effectively
- Offer doctors, patients and their families the ability to share information anytime and anywhere, further involving patients in managing their own health
- Enable pharmacists to provide better medication management and healthcare services for clients
- Improve benefits claims management to make it more efficient for employees, companies and insurance providers
- Allow hospitals, governments and health system managers to analyze information and determine best practices, evidence-based treatments and improve quality of care
- Encourage patients to care for themselves at home and wherever life takes them
"The new TELUSHealth.com is part of our revamped digital and external communications strategy - we're committed to providing valuable resources to customers in a clear and thoughtful manner," continued Lepage. "And this is just the beginning. As TELUS Health products and services continue to evolve to meet the demands of Canada's dynamic healthcare market, so too will the website. Our goal is to make TELUSHealth.com, as well as other TELUS Health resources, usable and useful for all Canadians."
For more information about TELUS Health, please visit the new TELUSHealth.com. To learn more about how TELUS Health is impacting the top five health issues facing Canadians, watch this video. For a full list of TELUS Health solutions, visit http://www.telushealth.com/health-solutions
About TELUS Health
TELUS Health is a leader in telehomecare, electronic medical and health records, consumer health, benefits management and pharmacy management. TELUS Health gives health authorities, providers, physicians, patients and consumers the power to turn information into better health outcomes. For more information about TELUS Health, please visit TELUSHealth.com .
TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $10.6 billion of annual revenue and 12.8 million customer connections including 7.4 million wireless subscribers, 3.5 million wireline network access lines, 1.3 million Internet subscribers and 595,000 TELUS TV customers. Led since 2000 by President and CEO, Darren Entwistle, TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including wireless, data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, television, entertainment and video.
In support of our philosophy to give where we live, TELUS, our team members and retirees have contributed more than $260 million to charitable and not-for-profit organizations and volunteered 4.2 million hours of service to local communities since 2000. Fourteen TELUS Community Boards lead TELUS' local philanthropic initiatives. TELUS was honoured to be named the most outstanding philanthropic corporation globally for 2010 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, becoming the first Canadian company to receive this prestigious international recognition.
For more information about TELUS, please visit telus.com.
SOURCE TELUS Corporation
More by this Source
TELUS reports third quarter 2013 results
Nov 08, 2013, 08:30 ET
CCTS report shows TELUS customer complaints down sharply for second consecutive year
Nov 06, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.