According to Gartner, more and more clients are demanding that service offerings support hybrid scenarios that incorporate traditional technologies as well as new cloud technologies, and ultimately establish a hybrid IT environment.1 IntelliCloud was designed to support this type of modern hybrid approach with comprehensive subscription services aligned to customer priorities.
"Teradata is the only company to address these needs with simple, packaged solutions that combine leading data and analytic software as a service with unprecedented deployment choice and flexibility," said Ratzesberger. "Ultimately, IntelliCloud frees our customers to focus on how analytic insight can move the needle for their company. We believe this is part of why Teradata recently achieved the highest position for its completeness of vision in Gartner's Data Management Solutions for Analytics Magic Quadrant."
Provided on a subscription basis with monthly, annual and 3-year options, IntelliCloud offerings enable customers to focus on analytic insight and not worry about setting up or running the underlying software or infrastructure. Services are designed to be simple and complete; initial capabilities include:
- Choice of Teradata Database, Teradata Aster® Analytics, or Hadoop® software from Cloudera or Hortonworks;
- Bundled infrastructure services including platform deployment and management, onboarding and provisioning assistance, system monitoring and maintenance, patches and software upgrades, encryption of data in motion and at rest, enterprise-class security, and premier cloud support;
- Deployment options spanning IntelliFlex and Teradata appliances in Teradata data centers plus AWS public cloud infrastructure – to be followed later this year by Microsoft Azure and eventually on-premises;
- Service availability of 99.9% for infrastructure managed in Teradata data centers; and
- Analytic ecosystem applications including Teradata QueryGrid™, Teradata AppCenter, Demand Chain Management, Industry Data Models, and more.
Customers will control their IntelliCloud accounts with an easy-to-use, web-based management console for monitoring system utilization, scheduling back-ups, setting or modifying security parameters, spinning up additional cloud resources, and more.
Teradata has invested in rigorous third party audits of its managed cloud offerings in order to demonstrate compliance with security regulations and industry best practices such as ISO 27001 and SOC 2 and most recently SOC 1, PCI and HIPAA. Details about IntelliCloud security and the most recent compliance audits are available here.
Teradata IntelliCloud supports the same enterprise use cases and workloads that are available with Teradata on-premises systems, though with the advantages of subscription pricing in a software-as-a-service model. Common use cases for companies running their analytic ecosystem entirely in IntelliCloud are production, test and development, and quality assurance. Hybrid cloud use cases for IntelliCloud customers also employing a Teradata on-premises system include cloud disaster recovery, cloud bursting, and cloud data marts and data labs.
Teradata IntelliCloud customers access the service through a secure network connection, either internet-based or dedicated. IntelliCloud services will be available during Q1 2017 initially from select U.S.-based AWS regions as well as on IntelliFlex and other platforms in U.S. Teradata data centers. Deployment options will continue to expand in future quarters to include international public cloud regions from AWS and Azure, Teradata global data centers, and eventually on-premises deployments.
To learn more, please:
- Visit IntelliCloud on Teradata.com
- Understand the advantages of IntelliFlex
- Talk with company representatives at Teradata's Gartner Data & Analytics Summit Booth (#313), March 6 – 9, 2017 in Grapevine, Texas
Relevant News Links
1 "Build and Market Cloud-Based Offerings Primer for 2017" published Jan 24, 2017 by analysts Ed Anderson, Gregor Petri
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies. Visit teradata.com.
Get to know Teradata:
Teradata and the Teradata logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teradata Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and worldwide.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/teradata-launches-intellicloud--blending-superior-data-and-analytic-software-as-a-service-with-expanded-deployment-choice-300418002.html