Texas Instruments demonstrates world's first coin cell demo for Bluetooth(R) low energy applications at Bluetooth low energy technology conference in Munich
TI provides hardware, software, development tools and support for emerging wireless communication technology
DALLAS, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- At the Bluetooth low energy technology conference in Munich, Germany, on October 20, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) will showcase the world's first coin cell demo for the new Bluetooth low energy open standard based on TI's upcoming CC2540 single-mode system-on-chip. Bluetooth low energy enables applications, such as sports and fitness equipment, medical and health, home and office, and mobile accessories, to use coin cell and energy harvesting solutions to operate for more than a year on a tiny button cell battery without recharging. For more information, see www.ti.com/bluetoothlowenergy-pr.
Bluetooth low energy from TI
- TI supports both dual-mode and single-mode solutions
- Dual-mode devices can communicate with legacy Bluetooth as well as Bluetooth low energy devices and support both protocols
- Single-mode devices only support Bluetooth low energy and are optimized for low-power, low-cost applications
- TI has demonstrated the world's first single-chip, single-mode Bluetooth low energy device featuring controller, host and application in a 6mm x 6mm package
CC2540 features and benefits:
- One-chip integrated solution reduces physical size and cost
- Flash-based device enables device firmware to be updated in the field and data can be stored on-chip, increasing flexibility for developers
- Complete solution with low-power RF ICs, protocol stack, basic profile software and applications support
- Ultra-low power consumption for very long battery life and use of coin cells or alkaline batteries (no need for rechargeable batteries)
- CC2540 customer samples will be available in early 2010
Find out more about TI's Bluetooth low energy solutions and low-power RF portfolio at the links below:
- TI's complete Bluetooth low energy solutions: www.ti.com/bluetoothlowenergy-pr
- Quickly search TI's entire low-power RF portfolio or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/lprf-pr
- Learn more about TI's ultra-low power MSP430 MCUs: www.ti.com/msp430
- TI's low-power RF E2E online community: www.ti.com/lprf-forum
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
More by this Source
Texas Instruments board declares quarterly dividend
Apr 16, 2014, 16:30 ET
Texas Instruments to webcast 1Q14 earnings conference call
Apr 08, 2014, 11:03 ET
TI recognizes 12 suppliers with annual excellence award
Apr 08, 2014, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.