Texas Instruments: Engineering the future of electronics at CES 2013 TI Village to showcase how today's technologies shape tomorrow's real-world applications
DALLAS, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At the upcoming 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) will display just a few of the ways its technology is engineering the future of electronics to improve how people live, work and play. On Jan. 8-11, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, the TI Village at CES will feature the latest analog and embedded processing technologies driving intelligent display, entertainment, automotive, energy management, safety, security, health and fitness, and more. Follow all the news and TI's CES highlights at www.ti.com/ces2013-pr.
"Imagine automobiles that significantly increase your safety on the road, while also giving you the entertainment capabilities of your living room and the communications infrastructure of your office. Picture an automated home where entertainment, comfort, security and energy management are handled through a single gateway to the cloud. Envision health technology that allows us to monitor our own internal 'engines,' our heart and blood, 24 hours a day," said Mark Denissen, TI's vice president of strategic marketing. "These are just a few examples of what we'll be showing in the TI Village. We believe it's the perfect venue for designers to see first-hand how TI's analog and embedded processing technologies will help them shape the future of our world."
TI's broad range of analog and embedded processing semiconductor solutions offer the high performance, low power and integration that its customers require to create innovative and differentiated consumer electronics. The TI Village in the North Hall Meeting Rooms at CES 2013 will be packed with a number of themed zones, highlighting specific real-world applications using TI technologies, including:
- Automotive: From front- and rear-seat infotainment, heads-up displays (HUD) and object detection, to eCall and driver assist applications, TI's solutions make driving experiences safer, greener and more enjoyable. See how TI is taking the driver's seat with partners such as QNX Software Systems to pave the way to next-generation automotive infotainment and ADAS features.
- Connected home: Experience the latest in home automation and cutting-edge multimedia applications. Whether surfing personalized movie selections on a smart TV with a natural user interface from YOUi Labs, remotely controlling kitchen appliances or charging your electric vehicle in the garage, TI technology connects your home in ways never before possible.
- Health & fitness: See how TI is helping the world stay fit by enabling new heart rate monitors, body composition meters and pulse oximeters. Perfect your golf swing using our golf club demonstrations and advance athlete protection with helmet technology that alerts of hits that may put the player at risk.
- DLP® Technology: See how the award-winning DLP Pico™ technology enhances screen-challenged devices, such as cell phones, tablets, and cameras/camcorders, and creates content-connected, cord-free mobile products that revolutionize consumer, enterprise, and education experiences. And learn how DLP technology is going beyond traditional projection to drive intelligent display applications for automotive infotainment, safety and more.
- Outdoor: Wherever you may roam, TI's complete portfolio of semiconductor products meet the demands of the world around us, including energy harvesting, wireless power, smart video surveillance and civic wireless connectivity. See demonstrations that take you through a hip urban cafe, alpine ski slopes, a neighborhood backyard and a city street with solar powered lighting.
- Small office: Get a first-hand look at the efficient, secure and "always-on" business office that stays connected, protected and cost-effective with TI's technologies. Come work, or play, with gesture-recognizing and heat-sensing laptops, communication devices connected to the cloud and wireless power devices that not only reduce clutter but also reduce energy consumption.
- Store: Step into the storefront of the future and "shop" a number of advancements in customer demographic and traffic analytics, digital signage and transaction technology. These real-world retail application demonstrations include an exciting array of TI developments in power management, image and graphics processing, and industrial interface.
Not attending CES? Stay connected with TI:
About Innovation at TI
For more than 80 years, TI has been at the forefront of technical innovation, enabling customers to differentiate products with higher integration, faster speeds and lower power. Today, we are engineering the future with advances in energy harvesting, power management, cloud computing, safety and security, health technology, and more. Learn more about how TI's Analog and Embedded Processing products are improving how we live, work and play, today and well into the future, at www.ti.com/innovation.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at http://www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated