DALLAS, June 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Moving cross-country tends to be a more complicated process than moving across town, so North Dallas Moving and Storage (NDMS) has compiled its top tips to help those planning interstate moves. The Texas moving company has been facilitating both local and long-distance moves for more than 50 years; and with the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex consistently named among the nation's fastest-growing metro areas*, NDMS has extensive experience in helping customers relocate into and within Texas.
According to the latest U.S. Census Bureau data, the country's top three fastest-growing large cities are all in Texas. Conroe (near Houston) takes the top spot, with 7.8% growth, while Frisco and McKinney (both in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex) are second and third, respectively, at 6.2% and 5.9%. Texas cities also represent half of the top 10 in terms of numeric population increase. San Antonio is in third place, growing by 24,473 new residents, while Dallas (20,602), Fort Worth (19,942), Houston (18,666) and Austin (17,738) claimed spots six through nine.*
North Dallas Moving and Storage has conducted thousands of successful local, regional and interstate moves, and the following are the company's top tips for evaluating interstate moving companies and ensuring a smooth, worry-free relocation across state lines:
- Choose a licensed mover. All residential movers operating in Texas must have an active certificate of motor carrier registration from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV), while the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates interstate movers. Make sure your moving company is licensed by these agencies.
- Confirm BBB rating. Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website to verify the mover's track record of customer satisfaction and complaint resolution.
- Obtain a written quote. Reputable moving companies will provide you with a written proposal and quote detailing the services to be provided, pricing and payment details.
- Determine liability coverage and insurance. Verify the mover's liability coverage for damage or loss, and decide whether you wish to purchase additional transit insurance.
- Take advantage of free moving resources. Experienced movers understand the concerns and challenges customers face when preparing for relocation, and many offer helpful information. For example, NDMS provides detailed moving tips, including moving guides, questions to qualify a moving company, pre-packing checklists, items to keep in possession during a move, and more.
- Review customer feedback. It's always wise to find out what other customers have to say about the moving company. Look for testimonials on the mover's website, check public consumer review sites and see if the mover has earned any awards that reflect client satisfaction.
"As one of United Van Lines' largest booking agents, we are proud to be the local and interstate moving company of choice for thousands of Texans," said Brandon Morris, President of North Dallas Moving and Storage. "Our experienced professionals are dedicated to making every move a successful one."
To learn more about North Dallas Moving and Storage and its full range of moving services and secure storage solutions, or to access free moving tips and resources, visit http://www.ndms.com.
About North Dallas Moving and Storage:
Founded in 1966, North Dallas Moving and Storage (NDMS) is a family-owned and operated business serving residential and commercial customers throughout Texas. NDMS was appointed as agent for United Van Lines in 1975 and has since established itself as one of United's largest booking agents. The company offers local moving and storage solutions for residential and commercial clients throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, while its interstate movers provide long-distance moving and relocation services nationwide. NDMS has consistently maintained an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and has earned many accolades, including the Consumers' Choice Award, United Van Lines Masters Club Award and Best of Carrollton Award. NDMS is affiliated with the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA) as well as its ProMover and Registered International Mover (RIM) programs, and the company is a proud supporter of MoveRescue, Move for Hunger, and the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) and its Food 4 Kids program.
* U.S. Census Bureau. "The South Is Home to 10 of the 15 Fastest-Growing Large Cities"; press release issued May 25, 2017. census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2017/cb17-81-population-estimates-subcounty.html
North Dallas Moving and Storage
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/texas-interstate-moving-company-north-dallas-moving-and-storage-shares-tips-for-consumers-moving-across-state-lines-300467036.html
SOURCE North Dallas Moving and Storage