The California Fire Safe Council Presents a Fire Prevention Regional Conference for Homeowners and FireSafe Councils To be Held at the Wildland Fire Training Center, McClellan Business Park In Sacramento, CA, Thursday, October 6—Media Invited
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sept. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The public is invited to attend a FREE educational workshop on Wildfire Preparedness and Protection October 6, 2011 at the Forest Service Wildland Fire Training Center, 3237 Peacekeepers Way, McClellan Business Park, Sacramento. The workshop is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tonya Hoover, Acting State Fire Marshal will open the program at 9:30 a.m. and State Senator Ted Gaines, Roseville, Chair of the State Senate Insurance Committee will speak at 11:00 a.m. The program is presented by the California Fire Safe Council and Farmers Insurance. All Fire Safe Council members, homeowners, business owners, renters and media are invited.
Other Speakers Include:
- Tom Harbour, Director of Fire &Aviation, U.S. Forest Service will discuss the federal cohesive fire strategy program, and
- Daniel Berlant, Cal Fire, who will present the new property owners Ready-Set-Go program endorsed by the California Fire Chiefs Association and Cal-Fire.
A panel of experts will discuss fire insurance and state laws.
- Candy Miller, Executive Director for the Insurance Information Network of California will discuss her organization and its role in insurance communications.
- Bruce Patton, the California Department of Insurance will discuss property owners and the role of the DOI,
- Michael Paiva, Farmers Director of Government Affairs will discuss legislation.
- Molly Mowery, Firewise Communities and Phyllis Banducci, CAL Fire, will discuss California Firewise Communities.
- Frank Stewart, California Fire Safe Council Board member and registered Professional Forester and Rob Griffith, Assistant Director, Fire & Aviation Management, U.S. Forest Service will update the group on land Stewardship Contracts and Agreements.
Strategies for Successful Fire Safe Council Fundraising will conclude the program.
Farmers Mobile Claims Center Bus (MCC) will also be featured at the Conference. Conference attendees are invited to tour the MCC. It is 46' long and is equipped with state-of-the art satellite communications equipment; seven claims stations; water, supplies; satellite laptop and telephone capability for use by all, and a built in grill to serve meals to those in need.
To Register for the Conference Click Here: http://www.grants.firesafecouncil.org/farmers-conference.cfm
Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the country's 3rd largest insurer of both personal lines passenger automobile and homeowners insurance, and also provides a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers Insurance is proud to serve more than 10 million households with more than 20 million individual policies across all 50 states through the efforts of over 50,000 exclusive and independent agents and nearly 24,000 employees.
Farmers is a trade name and may refer to Farmers Group, Inc. or the Farmers Exchanges, as the case may be. Farmers Group, Inc., a management and holding company, along with its subsidiaries, is wholly owned by the Zurich Financial Services Group. The Farmers Exchanges are three reciprocal insurers (Farmers Insurance Exchange, Fire Insurance Exchange and Truck Insurance Exchange), including their subsidiaries and affiliates, owned by their policyholders, and managed by Farmers Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information about Farmers, visit its Web site at www.farmers.com or at www.Facebook.com/FarmersInsurance.
CA. Fire Safe Council
SOURCE Farmers Insurance