The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, and transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2016–2020). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together Timetric's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Timetric's 'The Cards and Payments Industry in Morocco: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Moroccan cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Moroccan cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including check payments, credit transfers, direct debits and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Moroccan cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape in Moroccan cards and payments industry.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Moroccan cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for the Moroccan cards and payments industry for 2015, and forecast figures to 2020.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting the Moroccan cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Moroccan cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Moroccan cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Moroccan cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Morocco.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Moroccan cards and payments industry.
- Contactless cards are expected to gain traction in Morocco. The domestic interbank network switch, the Centre Monétique Interbancaire (CMI) and MasterCard launched contactless payment cards in October 2015. To increase contactless uptake, contactless POS terminals were deployed in Casablanca, and will be gradually expanded to other cities such as Rabat and Marrakech. According to the CMI, 6,000 contactless POS terminals will be installed by the end of 2016, with plans to increase the number to 17,000 by the end of 2017.
- Payment service providers (PSPs) are offering terminals at lower costs to increase uptake of mobile point of sale (mPOS) among small merchants. One of the latest is the introduction of an mPOS solution by the CMI in October 2015, to enable self-employed professionals and micro-merchants to accept card payments by smartphone or tablet. The introduction of low-cost solutions is expected to encourage merchants to accept card-based payments.
- As part of moves to establish a full Islamic finance industry in the country, the Moroccan government approved a new banking law in June 2014. The initiative is expected to allow new entrants to enter the Moroccan banking sector, and introduce Sharia-compliant credit cards on a large scale. The central bank of Morocco is planning to give permission to 10 banks in Morocco to offer Islamic banking products and services by the end of 2016.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03275133-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-cards-and-payments-industry-in-morocco-emerging-trends-and-opportunities-to-2020-300360247.html