The Channel Company's Channel@Work Program Aids Charitable Organizations Across the Country Initiative coordinated volunteer projects and provided monetary resources in conjunction with XChange Events throughout 2013
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Channel Company today announced the organization's charitable program, Channel@Work has completed another successful year. The Channel@Work initiative is designed to bring the channel community together to connect and give back to the local communities that are host to The Channel Company's XChange Events conferences throughout the year. In 2013, Channel@Work assisted charitable organizations across the U.S. including the Make-A-Wish foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities, and Safe Horizon.
For each event, the XChange Events team identifies specific charities and coordinates with committed vendors, solution providers, and other IT executives on the appropriate contributions of time, technology and wish list items, and monetary donations.
This year's featured projects included:
- To Grandma's House We Go, where volunteers from XChange Solution Provider spent the day working with the Orlando rehabilitation center residents, going on wheelchair walks, landscaping the grounds, and setting up donated tablets to help connect the residents both to each other and the rest of the world
- 'Lunches with Love' made at the Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children's in Chicago after raising in excess of $3,000 for the purchase of new linens (more than 500 pieces in total), in association with the Midsize Enterprise Summit East
- A 'Back to School Bash' which provided residents at the non-profit Eastern Ave Apartments in Washington D. C. with school supplies, a new technology center, and a fun-filled day of family-friendly activities to kick off the start of the new school year, in conjunction with XChange 2013 and XChange Public Sector
- Creation of comfort kits for families at the Ronald McDonald House of Phoenix to take on their long days at the hospital, made during the Midsize Enterprise Summit West in addition to a collection of more than $3,000 to fund the purchase of new bed spreads for the entire house
- Support for the Make-a-Wish foundation as driven by monetary and frequent flyer mile donations collected through the Best of Breed (BoB) and NexTI conferences
- Replenishment of the Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times 'Med Shed' medical supply facility, funded by donations from the Healthcare IT Summit in Palm Springs
- Program funding for domestic violence shelters and child advocacy centers at Safe Horizon, thanks to the $6,000+ in donations given during the 2013 Women of The Channel Winter Workshop in New York City
"The Channel@Work program is our opportunity to give back to the local cities that host our events throughout the year," said Lisa MacKenzie, SVP, The Channel Company. "Thanks to the generous underwriter support of Microsoft, our sponsors and the many volunteers who give their time while at our XChange Events, the Channel@Work program continues to grow. We have been overwhelmed by the kindness and compassion of the channel, and the willingness of our XChange Events attendees to donate both goods and funds to support our selected charities. We look forward to this program's continued success."
In 2014, the program will kick off at the annual XChange Solution Provider event in Los Angeles, California. There, Channel@Work volunteers will work with CCEO Youth Build, a non-profit organization that fosters economic development through innovative employment training programs and the development of affordable housing. Participants will have the opportunity to work hands-on in various renovation projects at the organization's training site.
To learn more about the Channel@Work program, watch project videos, view pictures, or find a list of the 2013 sponsors, visit the Giving Back page of the XChange Events website at http://www.xchange-events.com/about-us/giving-back/.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company is the channel community's trusted authority for growth and innovation, with established brands including CRN, XChange Events, IPED, and SharedVue. For more than three decades, we have leveraged our proven and leading edge platforms to deliver prescriptive sales and marketing solutions for the technology channel. The Channel Company provides Communication, Recruitment, Engagement, Enablement, Demand Generation and Intelligence services to drive technology partnerships. Learn more at www.thechannelcompany.com.
The Channel Company
SOURCE The Channel Company