The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation Hosts Annual Employee Giving Program
Each employee handles entire grantmaking process leading to $150,000 in grants for selected charities
BALTIMORE, July 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the United States, will host its 5th annual Employee Giving Program today.
At the event, 15 employees will each present a check for $10,000 to 15 Maryland nonprofits. The Employee Giving Program, launched in 2007, involves all Foundation employees in the grantmaking process and allows employees to support a cause of their choice within the mission and grant guidelines of the Foundation.
- Event: Weinberg Foundation 5th Annual Employee Giving Program
- Date: Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- Time: 11:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Pier 5 Hotel, 711 Eastern Avenue
"This is a tremendously exciting day for all of us at the Weinberg Foundation, on many different levels," said Donn Weinberg, Foundation Chairman of the Board. "Our goal is to provide the entire staff with an opportunity to engage in the process directly while enabling them to make meaningful grants to nonprofits in the community that make a difference."
During the event today, each Weinberg Foundation employee will speak briefly about the nonprofit receiving a grant and will present a $10,000 check to the charity's representative who will also speak. Each of the following nonprofits will have several representatives in attendance:
- The ARC of Frederick County
- Baltimore Urban Debate League, Inc.
- Community Support Services, Inc.
- Dress For Success Baltimore
- Fisher House Foundation, Inc.
- Gilchrist Hospice Care
- Hearing & Speech Agency of Metropolitan Baltimore, Inc.
- House of Ruth Baltimore, Inc.
- Kennedy Krieger/PACT: Helping Children with Special Needs, Inc.
- Maryland Family Network
- National Academy Foundation High School - Baltimore
- Parks & People Foundation, Inc.
- Partners In Care Maryland, Inc.
- The SEED School of Maryland
- Vehicles for Change, Inc.
About The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, one of the largest private charitable foundations in the United States, provides approximately $100 million in annual grants to nonprofits that provide direct services to economically disadvantaged people, primarily in the U.S. and Israel. Grants are focused on meeting basic needs and enhancing an individual's ability to meet those needs with emphasis on older adults, the Jewish community, and our hometown communities of Maryland, northeastern Pennsylvania, and Hawaii. The trustees, some of whom also serve as executive officers of the Foundation, are Alvin Awaya, Judge Ellen M. Heller, Robert T. Kelly, Jr., Barry I. Schloss, and Chairman of the Board Donn Weinberg. Rachel Monroe serves as the Weinberg Foundation's President. For more information please go to www.hjweinbergfoundation.org.
Contact: Craig Demchak, 443-738-1159
SOURCE Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation