The Institute of Corporate Directors and Eight Other Leading Corporate Director Membership Organizations Form the Global Network of Director Institutes (GNDI)
International Network Creates a Global Voice for Corporate Directors and a Forum for Sharing Knowledge, Insights and Leading Practices
TORONTO, Jan. 7, 2013 /CNW/ - The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) announces the formation of the Global Network of Director Institutes (GNDI), an international network among nine leading membership organizations for corporate directors in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
On December 12, 2012, GNDI delegates approved terms of reference and elected leaders by unanimous vote. John Colvin, CEO and managing director of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), will serve as chairman and Stan Magidson, LL.M, ICD.D, President and CEO of the ICD, will serve as deputy chairman.
The GNDI will complement the work of its member organizations by fostering close cooperation between national corporate director organizations and providing a global forum to share experiences, case studies, leading practices and current or emerging corporate governance issues impacting the boardroom and its stakeholders.
"The GNDI brings together the leading associations serving corporate directors from around the world to provide a global voice and sharpen best practices for boardroom leaders on relevant governance matters that cut across national boundaries," said Magidson.
Additionally, the GNDI members will collaborate to:
- Anticipate and explore emerging issues having global impacts on corporate governance;
- Develop and promote leading practices and programs that enhance the ability of corporate directors to ensure long-term, sustainable performance for the benefit of shareholders and other stakeholders;
- Educate key influencers regarding the benefits and values of exemplary leadership in the boardroom; and
- Amplify the voices and perspectives of corporate directors on matters related to boardroom leadership.
The current member institutes of the GNDI include the following organizations, which collectively represent more than 100,000 corporate directors worldwide:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD),
- Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance (IBGC) in Brazil,
- European Confederation of Directors Associations (ecoDa),
- Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) in Canada,
- Institute of Directors in New Zealand (IoDNZ),
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA),
- Institute of Directors (IoD) in the United Kingdom,
- Malaysian Alliance of Corporate Directors (MACD), and
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) in the United States.
Please visit www.GNDI.org for more information about the Global Network of Director Institutes.
About the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) is a not-for-profit, member-based association representing Canadian directors and boards across the for-profit, not-for-profit, and government sectors. The ICD has more than 6,500 members across a network of 11 chapters. We foster the sharing of knowledge and wisdom through education, professional development programs and services, and thought leadership and advocacy to achieve the highest standard of directorship. For more information, please visit: www.icd.ca.
SOURCE Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.