Brought to life by both rising stars and veteran Square Enix developers, THE LAST REMNANT is an epic RPG adventure that was released for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft last holiday season. This Games for Windows version features all-new elements not seen in the Xbox 360 version, such as a speed selection option for battle sequences and the removal of leader unit restrictions when creating unions.
The Games for Windows version of THE LAST REMNANT invites a new audience of players into a lush, real-time fantasy world where they control massive cinematic battles. With a carefully crafted battle system and epic storytelling, Square Enix offers an exciting adventure for all RPG lovers.
In ancient times, mysterious artifacts referred to as Remnants were discovered all over the world. Offering incredible power, they soon came into the hands of the covetous few, and thus was the world's delicate equilibrium shattered. The people were divided into those who ruled and those who were ruled over. War was inevitable. Our story begins a thousand years later...
Rush lives with his sister Irina on the secluded Eulam Island, a place far removed from the ceaseless battle for control over the Remnants which rages on the mainland. However, his peaceful life is shattered one day when he witnesses his sister's abduction by a mysterious group of soldiers. He immediately sets off after them, ill-prepared for the evils of the outside world but determined to find his sister at any cost.
- A new adventure from Square Enix and the creators of the FINAL FANTASY(R) series
- Innovative battle system that allows for large-scale battles delivered with an unrivalled cinematic intensity
- Selective Encounter System allows you to engage the enemy your way, eliminating random battles
- New features in the PC version include:
- Option to select Japanese or English voice-overs
- Unlimited leader units available for placement in unions
- Autosave and normal save functions available between consecutive battles
- Graphical weapon previews assist players with weapon selection
- New allied characters to aid players in battle
- Improved character animations
- Increased speed of gameplay in battle sequences
THE LAST REMNANT is rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. THE LAST REMNANT will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in
Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in
SOURCE Square Enix Co., Ltd.