The Perfect Sauce Has Yet to be Discovered
Plugra(R) European-Style Butter unveils 3rd Annual Magnifique Recipe Contest -
"The secret to winning sauces is the use of superior ingredients and techniques that allow those ingredients to shine. The secret ingredient for the richest, creamiest sauces is Plugra European-Style Butter," said Plugra Chef Trip Kadey. "Plugra contains less water than average table butters--lower moisture means higher cakes, flakier pie crusts and croissants, and smoother sauces with a richer flavor profile and full-bodied taste."
To inspire food enthusiasts' creativity, Plugra European-Style Butter offers the following recipe served by Chef
Brioche Bread Pudding with Plugra Vanilla Butter Sauce Prep Time: Over 30 minutes Yield: 12 servings, 3 ounces in size Brioche Bread Pudding Ingredients 2 cups heavy cream 2 cups half-and-half 4 ounces granulated sugar 16 ounces chopped brioche bread, 1/4-inch size (1 day old) 8 ounces Plugra European-Style Butter, Unsalted, melted 3 ounces brown sugar
- Combine heavy cream, half-and-half, and granulated sugar and set aside.
- Place chopped bread in buttered baking dish.
- Pour prepared liquid mixture over bread and let soak for 1 hour.
- Combine melted Plugra butter and brown sugar, set aside.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, covered, in a water bath for 1 hour. After 30 minutes of baking, brush top with melted Plugra butter and brown sugar mixture. Continue baking for remaining 30 minutes.
Plugra Vanilla Butter Sauce Ingredients 1 cup white wine 1 cup granulated sugar 1/2 vanilla bean 1/2 cup heavy cream 1 pound Plugra European-Style Butter, Unsalted, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine white wine, sugar, and vanilla bean. Simmer to half, add heavy cream and reduce by half again.
- Immediately beat in half the Plugra butter to form a creamy paste.
- Over low heat, continue beating in a piece of butter at a time just as the previous piece is almost fully incorporated. The sauce should have the consistency of a light hollandaise sauce.
To Serve: Spoon warm bread pudding into 3-ounce serving cups and top with sauce.
Discover more inspiration from the Plugra Chef Network at www.plugra.com. Plugra is owned by Keller's Creamery, a division of Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
Contact: John Scroggins, NOBLE (800) 545-4087, ext. email@example.com
SOURCE Plugra European-Style Butter