The Perfect Sauce Has Yet to be Discovered
Plugra(R) European-Style Butter unveils 3rd Annual Magnifique Recipe Contest -
"The secret to winning sauces is the use of superior ingredients and techniques that allow those ingredients to shine. The secret ingredient for the richest, creamiest sauces is Plugra European-Style Butter," said Plugra Chef Trip Kadey. "Plugra contains less water than average table butters--lower moisture means higher cakes, flakier pie crusts and croissants, and smoother sauces with a richer flavor profile and full-bodied taste."
To inspire food enthusiasts' creativity, Plugra European-Style Butter offers the following recipe served by Chef
Brioche Bread Pudding with Plugra Vanilla Butter Sauce Prep Time: Over 30 minutes Yield: 12 servings, 3 ounces in size Brioche Bread Pudding Ingredients 2 cups heavy cream 2 cups half-and-half 4 ounces granulated sugar 16 ounces chopped brioche bread, 1/4-inch size (1 day old) 8 ounces Plugra European-Style Butter, Unsalted, melted 3 ounces brown sugar
- Combine heavy cream, half-and-half, and granulated sugar and set aside.
- Place chopped bread in buttered baking dish.
- Pour prepared liquid mixture over bread and let soak for 1 hour.
- Combine melted Plugra butter and brown sugar, set aside.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, covered, in a water bath for 1 hour. After 30 minutes of baking, brush top with melted Plugra butter and brown sugar mixture. Continue baking for remaining 30 minutes.
Plugra Vanilla Butter Sauce Ingredients 1 cup white wine 1 cup granulated sugar 1/2 vanilla bean 1/2 cup heavy cream 1 pound Plugra European-Style Butter, Unsalted, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine white wine, sugar, and vanilla bean. Simmer to half, add heavy cream and reduce by half again.
- Immediately beat in half the Plugra butter to form a creamy paste.
- Over low heat, continue beating in a piece of butter at a time just as the previous piece is almost fully incorporated. The sauce should have the consistency of a light hollandaise sauce.
To Serve: Spoon warm bread pudding into 3-ounce serving cups and top with sauce.
Discover more inspiration from the Plugra Chef Network at www.plugra.com. Plugra is owned by Keller's Creamery, a division of Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
Contact: John Scroggins, NOBLE (800) 545-4087, ext. email@example.com
SOURCE Plugra European-Style Butter
More by this Source
'Tis The Season: Plugra Gourmet Club Launches The 2013 Gourmet Treat Exchange
Nov 14, 2013, 17:09 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.