Musical Artist Jason Derulo and Emmy-nominated Actress Christina Hendricks Headline
The Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival™ presented by MasterCard®
CHICAGO, Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Trendsetters and shopping pros are invited to a 12-day spectacular that promises a fashionable finish to the summer. The Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival™ presented by MasterCard® returns to The Magnificent Mile® in Chicago from August 22 – September 2.
The Magnificent Mile is a shopping destination unlike any other in the nation, with flagship stores, popular brands, trendy boutiques and several multi-story malls all located within a one-mile stretch along North Michigan Avenue. The Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival provides the perfect excuse to start shopping for the Fall/Winter season, with a variety of offers and a non-stop calendar of festivities around the district, many of which are free to the public. Special events include standout fashion shows, haute culinary celebrations, live outdoor concerts and more—all with added benefits for MasterCard® cardholders.
Fashion-forward, fine dining, and family-friendly programming throughout the Shopping Festival includes a host of celebrity appearances at signature events to celebrate the world-class Magnificent Mile experience:
- Thursday, August 22: The festivities begin with #ShopFest: A Kick-off to Fall Fashion, featuring a live performance by award-winning recording artist Jason Derulo and a special appearance by Emmy-nominated actress Christina Hendricks, star of AMC's Mad Men. Michigan Avenue's three retail centers, 900 North Michigan Shops, The Shops at North Bridge and Water Tower Place, present an outdoor runway show along North Michigan Avenue. This fun and fashionable evening promises to shake up the season's must-have styles with celebrity entertainment, cocktails and small bites. To purchase tickets, visit TheMagnificentMile.com. ($30; attendees must be 21+; Pioneer Court - 401 N. Michigan Avenue, 5:30 pm)
- Tuesday, August 27: At A Magnificent Taste, The Magnificent Mile's annual outdoor culinary event, Chefs Art Smith and Rick Bayless, along with several of Chicago's most sought-after restaurants including Travelle, Little Market, Paris Club, Sable Kitchen & Bar, Siena Tavern and more, serve up gourmet samplings under a beautiful tent in full view of Chicago's riverside skyline. Proceeds benefit Common Threads. To purchase tickets, visit TheMagnificentMile.com. ($200 VIP, $125 General; Pioneer Court – 401 N. Michigan Avenue; VIP entry at 5:30 pm, 6:30 – 9:30 pm)
- Labor Day Weekend is dedicated fun for the whole family:
- Bring your fashion- and music-loving kids to the John Hancock Center Plaza for an outdoor "Tween Fashion Show" hosted by Water Tower Place, followed by a free concert with Disney Music Group Recording Artist Coco Jones. An exclusive meet-and-greet for MasterCard cardholders will immediately follow the concert. (John Hancock Center Plaza, 875 N. Michigan Avenue, 12:00 pm, with meet-and-greet to follow at 2:00 pm in the MasterCard Priceless Pavilion – 401 N. Michigan Avenue)
- Radio Disney invites fans to an exclusive meet-and-greet for MasterCard cardholders with Laura Marano, star of Disney channel's Austin & Ally. (MasterCard Priceless Pavilion – 401 N. Michigan Avenue, 2:00 pm)
Big-name and high-end retailers, award-winning restaurants and iconic attractions through The Magnificent Mile district also present unique in-store experiences as well as elegant evenings to remember. A sampling of events includes:
- Saturday, August 24 and Saturday, August 31: Dressed to the Nines, The Art Institute of Chicago's special Saturday evening viewings of Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity at The Art Institute of Chicago, celebrate fashion trends of 19th-century Paris—trends that also happen to be hot this summer in 21st-century Chicago. Throw on a casual or couture ensemble that suits the theme to enjoy these fashionable festivities. (The Art Institute of Chicago, 111 S. Michigan Avenue, 6:00 – 9:00 pm)
- Sunday, August 25: Want to avoid the crowds of Michigan Avenue? Then join Water Tower Place for an exclusive, posh after-hours soiree. Featuring music, hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, the shopping center will be open for guests attending the event. Guests will also receive a Water Tower Place coupon book, valued at $650. Purchase tickets and RSVP at ticketweb.com. (Cost is $20 per person, with $3 from each ticket donated to Immerman Angels; Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Avenue, 6:00 – 9:00 pm)
- Monday, August 26: The Trump International Hotel & Tower sponsors Sparkling Cocktails presented by Swarovski, held in the Rivers Room on the sixteenth floor. Guests may try on Swarovski crystals and jewelry from an upcoming fall collection and then look forward to a free in-store consultation during the Shopping Festival. (Trump International Hotel & Tower, 401 N. Wabash Avenue, 6:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Tuesday, August 27: Lulu's Vintage offers a rare opportunity to meet Melinda Lewis, jewelry historian and author of The Napier Co.: Defining 20th Century American Costume Jewelry. Laurie Davis, owner and curator, will display some of the most notable Napier pieces from her private collection, as well as have a selection of Napier jewelry available for purchase. (Lulu's Vintage, 900 N. Michigan Avenue, Level 3, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- Wednesday, August 28: Experience Sunrise Yoga on The Terrace at Trump at a special discounted price of $25. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Chicago Skyline, Chicago River and Lake Michigan. There is no better way to brighten your morning and get a peaceful start on a busy day of shopping and exploring The Magnificent Mile! (The Trump International Hotel & Tower, 401 N. Wabash Avenue, 6:00 am)
- Thursday, August 29: The ROOF on theWit, along with The Shops at North Bridge, invite guests to ROOF Runway, a one-of-a-kind fashion show, 27 stories above the city! Enjoy the hottest fashions from Nordstrom, Tommy Bahama, Swarovski and more, along with live entertainment from delaChapelle. (ROOF on theWit, 201 N. State Street, 8:00 pm)
- Saturday, August 31: Food meets fashion at a Shoppers Energy Brunch, as live models showcase the season's hottest looks from Water Tower Place retailers. Tickets may be purchased here, and include a complimentary gift bag. (Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Avenue, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
A full list of events as well as special shopping offers can be found at TheMagnificentMile.com!
During the festivities, stay in luxury and take advantage of special hotel packages designed with the shopper in mind, including gift cards to major retail centers along The Mile and spa treatments to relax and rejuvenate after a busy day. Book your trip at top hotels including The Drake Hotel, Park Hyatt Chicago, The Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, and the newly-opened Langham Chicago. A full list of hotel packages is available on TheMagnificentMile.com.
Finally, don't forget to stop by the MasterCard® Priceless Pavilion at Pioneer Court for style tips, free samples and pop-up experiences every day of the festival (401 N. Michigan Avenue, 10:00 am – 7:00pm). MasterCard cardholders are district-wide VIPs during these twelve days, with front-row seats and special gifts at major events, as well as MasterCard-exclusive special offers to enjoy.
SOURCE The Magnificent Mile