In the brand's first-ever survey of millennial moms and dads, respondents dished on who they think are the most trustworthy celebrity parents, who does most of the parental "dirty" work and just how much they shower now that they're parents.
Start Your Diaper Changing Engines!
- Dividing the "Duty:" Being on diaper duty isn't anyone's favorite thing to do, but according to the millennial moms in the survey, they do the bulk of it! 95% feel they do or did more of the diaper changing for their child than their significant other. Not to be outdone, 75% of dads said they did more. She said, he said!
- Diaper Derby: Maybe it's that dads could use a little more practice. 27% of millennial dads, compared to just 11% of moms, feel it takes them more than five minutes to change a diaper. On the other hand, more than half of moms could change one in under a minute.
Celebrity Parenting Squad
- Daddy Day Care: When it comes to which A-List father most parents want on diaper duty, actor and soon-to-be second-time dad Ryan Reynolds gets the highest marks with 34% of respondents giving him the nod. Bringing up the rear is shock rapper Kanye West with a mere 16% of the vote. Sandwiched between them were Justin Timberlake (26%) and Ashton Kutcher (24%).
- Mom Approved: Some of these dads' famous wives beat them out in another form of parental trust – packing the diaper bag! Respondents touted Justin Timberlake's wife Jessica Biel as the most trusted in this endeavor with more than a third of the vote, followed by the royal Kate Middleton (27%), Kim Kardashian (matching her hubby's total with 16%!), Blake Lively (falling short of her own top ranked spouse with only 13%) and new mom Chrissy Teigen, rounding out the bunch with 8%.
- King of Late Night Dads: Jimmy Fallon is raking in the highest ratings with his parenting skills too! Millennial parents picked the funnyman as the late night parent they'd MOST trust to get up with their kid at night, with 39% of the vote, followed by Jimmy Kimmel (20%), Samantha Bee (19%), Stephen Colbert (13%) and James Corden (9%).
- Dads Will Give Up a Week of TV for What? It turns out there's one thing that will have guys handing over the remote…dirty diapers. When asked if they would rather give up TV for a week or change all of their child's dirty diapers for a week, the result was clear for a majority of men. 58% would wave "bye bye" to their flat screen for a full seven days!
- What's That Smell…Not the Baby: Nearly half of millennial parents (47%) admit they've gone three or more days without showering since having their little one. Pass the deodorant and the dry shampoo!
- Parental Trust Fall: It seems most parents think themselves, not their significant others, do some jobs best. In fact, 67% of millennial parents don't trust their significant other to perform basic parenting tasks for their child. These tasks include shopping for baby supplies (36%), taking them to a doctor's appointment alone (31%), getting them to an appointment or activity on time (28%) and performing diaper duties (23%).
To find out more about Boudreaux's Butt Paste products for helping to treat and prevent diaper rash, visit www.buttpaste.com.
The Boudreaux's Butt Paste Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,004 U.S. parents, ages 18-34, between April 5th and 13th, 2016, using an email invitation and an online survey.
Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. For the interviews conducted in this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3.1 percentage points from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample.
About Boudreaux's Butt Paste:
Formulated by pharmacist and father of four, George Boudreaux, Boudreaux's Butt Paste is a home grown product born from the need for an effective and safe solution to eliminate diaper rash. Created specifically for parents who don't want to settle for anything less than the best, it uses a combination of efficacious ingredients to be fast acting without being harsh on a baby's skin. The brand was bought by Fleet Laboratories in 2011 with a renewed commitment to continuing George Boudreaux's promise and desire to provide products that meet and exceed parents' expectations for baby care.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-state-of-millennial-parenting-300300100.html
SOURCE Boudreaux’s Butt Paste