Simplify Your Shipping With Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes
WASHINGTON, Dec. 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Top hat. Check. Noisemakers. Check. Countdown clock. Check. If the New Year's Eve party fits, it ships with Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes, only from the U.S. Postal Service.
"This New Year's, make a resolution to simplify your shipping with Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes," said Gary Reblin, vice president, Expedited Shipping. "Using Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes, you can lose the scale and ship for one low rate to any state."
Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes virtually eliminate the need to weigh packages up to 70 lbs.
Other New Year's resolutions to simplify shipping include:
- Become an online shipping expert. Using the Postal Service's website, usps.com, customers can print shipping labels and pay for postage from the convenience of home or office.
- Save money with online shipping discounts for Priority Mail and Express Mail shipments. Customers can save between 5 percent and 11 percent when they ship online at usps.com. They also save fuel by skipping a trip to the Post Office.
- Go green with Priority Mail and Express Mail boxes and envelopes, which are not only 100 percent free, but also 100 percent recyclable. The U.S. Postal Service has been recognized with Cradle to Cradle(TM) certification for the environmentally friendly design and manufacturing of Priority Mail and Express Mail boxes and envelopes.
- Take time to "smell the roses" and take advantage of free package pickup. The Postal Service will pick up packages when mail is delivered regardless of the number of packages being sent. And, unlike with other shipping companies, there is no fee for this service.
- Get organized by ordering free shipping supplies at usps.com. The Postal Service will deliver boxes and envelopes to home or office for free. Customers can stock up on shipping supplies and avoid a last-minute trip to the Post Office to pick up mailing supplies.
Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes come in four convenient sizes, with prices starting as low as $4.95.
- Small Flat Rate box, 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8", shipping starts at $4.95
- Medium Flat Rate box, 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", shipping starts at $10.35
- Large Flat Rate box, 12" x 12" x 5 1/2", shipping starts at $13.95 ($11.95 when shipping to military personnel at APO/FPO addresses overseas)
- Medium Flat Rate box, 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8", shipping starts at $10.35.
"The Postal Service is ready to help you keep those New Year's resolutions," added Reblin. "Flat-rate boxes are the perfect way to simpler shipping and a simpler new year. And with online discounts and free package pickup, keeping New Year's resolutions couldn't be easier."
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
Please Note: For broadcast quality video and audio, photo stills and other media resources, visit the USPS Newsroom at www.usps.com/news.
A self-supporting government enterprise, the U.S. Postal Service is the only delivery service that reaches every address in the nation, 150 million residences, businesses and Post Office Boxes. The Postal Service receives no tax dollars. With 36,000 retail locations and the most frequently visited website in the federal government, the Postal Service relies on the sale of postage, products and services to pay for operating expenses. Named the Most Trusted Government Agency five consecutive years and the third Most Trusted Business in the nation by the Ponemon Institute, the Postal Service has annual revenue of more than $68 billion and delivers nearly half the world's mail. If it were a private sector company, the U.S. Postal Service would rank 28th in the 2009 Fortune 500.
SOURCE U.S. Postal Service