NEW YORK, Aug. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report provides an analysis of recent developments and current trends in the global thermal interface materials (TIM) market. Specific objectives include identifying TIM technologies and products with the greatest commercial potential in the near to mid-term (2015â€"2020).
Use this report to:
- Learn about the status and the dynamics of the market for thermal interface materials.
- Analyze key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for TIM technologies over the next five years.
- Gain information from comprehensive company profiles of developers and suppliers.
- Estimate the current and future demand for TIM technologies and products.
- The global market for thermal interface material reached $715.9 million in 2014. This market is forecaste to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% to reach nearly $1.1 billion in 2020.
- Polymer composite as a segment is projected to grow from $667.5 million in 2015 to $941.5 million in 2020 at a CAGR of 7.1% for the period 2015-2020.
- Metallic interface material as a segment is expected to grow from $68.2 million in 2015 to $102.5 million by 2020, increasing at a CAGR of 8.5% for the period 2015-2020.
Introduction & Scope
In recent years, tremendous progress, both technologically and in terms of demand, has been made in electronic devices and systems. The technological progress has
come on two main fronts: increased functionality on a single-device unit and miniaturization of each unit. Both of these developments have increased the need for
thermal management technologies, including thermal interface materials (TIM). In the thermal management of microelectronics, the interface material layer between a
chip and a heat spreader presents the single largest barrier to heat flow in the packaging of high-power dissipation devices. The selection of a suitable material to fill
the interface between a chip and a heat spreader is critical to the performance and reliability of the semiconductor device. For this reason, continuous effort has been
made to develop new thermal interface technologies.
BCC Research has published a report on the market for all types of thermal management technologies (SMC024J The Market for Thermal Management Technologies, now in its ninth edition). BCC Research, however, believes that the importance of TIM materials and the high rate of innovation merit more detailed analysis in a report of their own.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this report is to provide an up-to-date analysis of recent developments and current trends in the global TIM materials market. Specific objectives include:
- TIM technologies and products with the greatest commercial potential in the near- to mid-term (2014 to 2020).
- Analyzing the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for TIM technologies over the next five years.
- Estimating the current and future demand for TIM technologies and products.
- Ascertaining which companies are best positioned to meet this demand because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances or other advantages.
This report is intended especially for suppliers of TIM and others with a need to understand the status and the dynamics of the market for these products. The report is
organized around specific technologies, but it is largely nontechnical in nature and coverage, meaning it is concerned less with theory and jargon than with identifying
technologies that work, projecting the amount of the latter the market is likely to purchase and estimating the price that is likely to be paid. As such, the report's main audience is executive management, business development, marketing departments and financial analysts. It is not written specifically for scientists and technologists, although its findings measure and analyze the market for their work, including the availability of government and corporate research funding for different
technologies and applications.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report addresses the global market for thermal interface materials products during the period from 2014 through 2020, including:
- Thermal greases.
- Thermal compounds.
- Thermal pads.
- Adhesive films and tapes.
- Phase-change materials.
- Metal-based TIM.
The report format includes these major elements:
- Executive summary.
- TIM overview.
- TIM technologies and products.
- Applications and end users.
- Developers and suppliers.
- Market estimates and projections.
- Industry structure and competition.
- Patent analysis.
The geographic scope for this report is the global market.
INFORMATION SOURCES AND METHODOLOGY
The findings and conclusions of this report are based on information gathered using both primary and secondary research methodologies from various sources. The
primary sources of information were Internet searches and industry association data, along with interviews conducted with thermal interface material suppliers, custom
engineering companies and manufacturers of representative applications. Secondary sources included industry journals and publications, product literature, white papers
and technical journals, and financial reports for industry suppliers. The base year for analysis and projection is 2014. With 2014 as a baseline, market projections were developed for the period from 2015 to 2020. These projections are based on a combination of a consensus among the primary contacts combined with BCC's understanding of the key market drivers and their impact from a historical and analytical perspective. The analytical methodologies used to generate the market estimates are described in detail in the market analysis. All dollar projections presented in this report are in 2014 constant dollars.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p0591409-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001