TI introduces first fully integrated logic gate device with up/down translation Widest voltage range logic translation devices reduce board space by more than 50 percent
DALLAS, Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first logic devices to fully integrate logic gate and up/down translation functionality operating from a single power supply, reducing board space by more than 50 percent compared to discrete solutions. The SN74LV1T family also offers the widest operating voltage range, from 1.8 to 5 V, for flexibility in the computing functionality of applications like tablets, smartphones, PCs and servers. Because the SN74LV1T family is 5-V tolerant and supports up to 125C temperatures, it can also be utilized in industrial and telecommunications applications as a logic gate, translator or both. This eliminates the need for multiple logic ICs and eases procurement management. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/sn74lv1t-pr.
The SN74LV1T family is available in nine different logic gates: NAND and AND, NOR, OR and XOR, as well as several different buffer functions. In addition to the SN74LV1T family, TI provides a complete logic portfolio including buffers, drivers, gates flip-flops, switches, I2C and voltage translation to provide increased application flexibility, higher performance and design longevity compared to competitors.
Key features and benefits of the SN74LV1T family
- More than 50 percent board reduction: Integrates the up and down level shifter with the logic gate driver to cut board space by more than half compared to multiple device and discrete solutions, to support space-constrained, cost-sensitive consumer applications.
- Widest voltage range: To satisfy the requirements for a broad range of applications, the family offers the widest voltage range compared to competitive devices.
- Eases routing: Needs only a single power supply to perform up/down translation across multiple logic functions, easing routing for the designer during board layout.
- Extended temperature range: Satisfies the needs of harsh industrial environments with an extended temperature range from -40 to 125C.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The SN74LV1T family is available in standard 5-pin SOT-23 and SC70 packages. Suggested retail pricing in 1,000-unit quantities starts at US$0.17.
Learn more about TI's logic portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order SN74LV1T samples.
- Download IBIS models.
- Read a blog post on easily translating up and down using the SN74LV1T family.
- Watch a video on how to implement the SN74LV1T devices.
- Support is available on the Logic Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
- Follow what TI signal chain experts have to say on our blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
- Download a news release graphic at: www.ti.com/newscenterphotos-pr.
TI analog for industrial
TI provides a diverse and readily available portfolio of analog integrated circuits (ICs) for a broad range of applications, including smart grid, factory automation, high-voltage power, LED lighting and control. TI data converters, ampliﬁers, interface, isolation, clocking, and power management devices enable customers to differentiate their products, while TI software, design tools and reference designs simplify and accelerate design cycles. Learn how TI analog innovations are improving industrial safety, efficiency and reliability at www.ti.com/analogindustrial-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments