DALLAS, Texas, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first serial digital interface (SDI) reclocker with an integrated eye monitor for examining the shape and health of incoming signal waveforms. The on-chip eye monitor provides real-time monitoring and diagnostics at the reclocker's input, allowing engineers to easily optimize their broadcast video system and speed time-to-market. The LMH0366 3-Gbps HD/SD reclocker consumes 50-percent less power than the competition, while offering best-in-class jitter performance and signal integrity for digital video routers, distribution amplifiers and video test equipment. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/lmh0366-pr.
Key features and benefits of the LMH0366
- Integrated eye monitor: On-chip oscilloscope probe enables designers to examine transmitted signals at any point in the system for faster time-to-market. End users of the equipment save time and repair costs through the eye monitor's remote diagnostics and system debug capabilities.
- Lowest power consumption: 100-mW typical power consumption enables system designers to pack in more channels and features into smaller frames.
- Longer FR-4 reach: 50-percent longer reach than the competition enables greater flexibility when routing signals across backplanes and long board traces. The LMH0366 can equalize up to 60 inches of FR-4 trace length compared to 40 inches with the nearest competitor's device.
- No reference crystal required: Unlike competing devices that require an external reference crystal to lock to the correct data rates, the LMH0366 automatically detects the incoming data rate without the need for additional external crystals. This simplifies system design and reduces the designer's bill of materials (BOM) cost.
The LMH0366 joins the LMH0376 reclocker, which offers the same features but adds an integrated 4:1 input multiplexer. Both devices retime serial digital video data conforming to the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M-C standards for transmitting high-resolution uncompressed video signals.
Engineers can develop a high-resolution video system solution by combining the LMH0366 or LMH0376 with the LMH0394 or LMH0395 3-Gbps adaptive cable equalizers, LMH0302 or LMH0307 3-Gbps cable drivers, SN65LVCP408 8x8 4.25-Gbps crosspoint switch, LMZ14203 3-A SIMPLE SWITCHER® power module, LP5900 150-mA linear regulator, and the TMS320DM8168 DaVinci™ video processor.
Tools and support The SD3GDAIII evaluation module (EVM) is available to accelerate the development of systems using the LMH0366 and LMH0376 for a suggested retail price of US$499. IBIS models for the LMH0366 and LMH0376 are also available to verify board signal integrity requirements.
Availability, packaging and pricing The LMH0366 is available in a 4-mm by 4-mm, 24-pin QFN package for a suggested retail price of US$19.95 in 1,000-unit quantities. The LMH0376 is offered in a 7-mm by 7-mm, 48-pin QFN package for a suggested retail price of US$21.50 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's serial digital interface portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order LMH0366 samples and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/lmh0366samples-pr.
- Order LMH0376 samples, and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/lmh0376samples-pr.
- View a "broadcast scalable platform" system block diagram: www.ti.com/broadcastsbd-pr.
- See TI's full video communications applications portfolio: www.ti.com/videocom-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems in the Interface Forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/interfaceforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Trademarks SIMPLE SWITCHER is a registered trademark, and TI E2E and DaVinci are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated