TI introduces industry's lowest power 6-Gbps SATA redriver/equalizer
Dual-channel, single-lane SATA redriver and signal conditioner supports longer etch runs, easier board designs and use of longer external cables
DALLAS, Aug. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a dual-channel, single-lane serial-ATA (SATA) redriver and signal conditioner, featuring the lowest active power and lowest automatic low-power (ALP) mode of any 6-Gbps redriver/equalizers available today. The SN75LVCP601 has a maximum active power consumption of 290 mW, or approximately 50 percent less than the nearest competitor, extending critical battery life in portable electronics, such as notebook PCs. To download a datasheet or order free samples, see www.ti.com/sn75lvcp601-pr.
Key features and benefits of the SN75LVCP601
- Reconditions and drives high-speed signals that propagate over longer distances, enabling optimal performance for SATA drives of any speed (1.5G/3.0G/6.0G) without changing equalization or de-emphasis channel settings.
- Selectable equalization, de-emphasis, and integrated output squelch, providing optimized performance settings for system implementation at the lowest power.
- ALP mode consumes only 10 mA (maximum), extending critical battery life on portable devices when no external devices are connected to the eSATA port.
- Joins TI's growing portfolio of redriver/equalizer devices, supporting a wide range of technologies including SATA, SuperSpeed USB, PCI Express and DisplayPort.
Availability and pricing
The SN75LVCP601 is available now in a 20-pin QFN package with suggested resale pricing of $2.00 each in quantities of 1,000.
Learn more about TI's interface portfolio at the links below:
- Order free samples and download a datasheet: www.ti.com/sn75lvcp601-pr.
- Quickly search TI's entire interface portfolio or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the Interface Forum of the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/interfaceforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Texas Instruments is a trade mark of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
More by this Source
TI introduces industry-leading ultra-low noise, high PSRR linear voltage regulators
May 14, 2013, 08:00 ET
TI CEO Rich Templeton to deliver keynote at J.P. Morgan investor conference
May 09, 2013, 13:16 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.