TI introduces industry's lowest power 6-Gbps SATA redriver/equalizer Dual-channel, single-lane SATA redriver and signal conditioner supports longer etch runs, easier board designs and use of longer external cables
DALLAS, Aug. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a dual-channel, single-lane serial-ATA (SATA) redriver and signal conditioner, featuring the lowest active power and lowest automatic low-power (ALP) mode of any 6-Gbps redriver/equalizers available today. The SN75LVCP601 has a maximum active power consumption of 290 mW, or approximately 50 percent less than the nearest competitor, extending critical battery life in portable electronics, such as notebook PCs. To download a datasheet or order free samples, see www.ti.com/sn75lvcp601-pr.
Key features and benefits of the SN75LVCP601
- Reconditions and drives high-speed signals that propagate over longer distances, enabling optimal performance for SATA drives of any speed (1.5G/3.0G/6.0G) without changing equalization or de-emphasis channel settings.
- Selectable equalization, de-emphasis, and integrated output squelch, providing optimized performance settings for system implementation at the lowest power.
- ALP mode consumes only 10 mA (maximum), extending critical battery life on portable devices when no external devices are connected to the eSATA port.
- Joins TI's growing portfolio of redriver/equalizer devices, supporting a wide range of technologies including SATA, SuperSpeed USB, PCI Express and DisplayPort.
Availability and pricing
The SN75LVCP601 is available now in a 20-pin QFN package with suggested resale pricing of $2.00 each in quantities of 1,000.
Learn more about TI's interface portfolio at the links below:
- Order free samples and download a datasheet: www.ti.com/sn75lvcp601-pr.
- Quickly search TI's entire interface portfolio or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the Interface Forum of the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/interfaceforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Texas Instruments is a trade mark of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated