TI introduces Qi-compliant, single-chip wireless power transmitter IC to lower implementation cost
Digital demodulation scheme reduces solution components and size
DALLAS, Sept. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced its next-generation bqTESLA™ wireless power transmitter integrated circuit (IC). The bq500210 lowers the transmitter bill of materials cost by more than 50 percent, compared to existing solutions, by integrating the transmitter and supporting components into a single chip. The small, highly intelligent IC integrates the functionality required to safely and efficiently control wireless power transfer in a contactless charging base station. By utilizing Wireless Power Consortium (WPC)-compliant inductive power transfer, the transmitter provides power to Qi-compliant portable devices, such as smartphones, portable gaming systems, digital cameras and Bluetooth® low energy systems, as well as medical and industrial equipment.
Together with the available bq51013 or bq51011 receivers, the bq500210 offers a complete Qi-compliant wireless power solution. For more information or to order samples of the bq500210, visit: www.ti.com/bq500210-pr.
Key features and benefits of the bq500210
- Digital demodulation signal processing significantly reduces total system components from previous generation analog demodulation circuitry.
- Single-chip wireless power transfer controller compliant to WPC Qi specification 1.0.2, which allows for a simple, cost-effective, interoperable design implementation.
- Integrated real-time efficiency analyzer maximizes power transfer efficiency, reduces power consumption, and protects the transmitter and receiver from excessive power loss and heat.
- Parasitic metal object detection (PMOD) provides protection from power transfer to metal objects, overheating and power loss.
- Overload and over temperature protection ensures safe and reliable operation.
- Small 7-mm x 7-mm, 48-pin QFN package minimizes impact to end equipment designs.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed the implementation of wireless power:
- bq500210EVM-689 wireless power transmitter evaluation module (EVM): www.ti.com/bq500210EVM689-pr.
- bq500210 data sheet: www.ti.com/bq500210ds-pr.
- bq51013EVM wireless power receiver EVM: www.ti.com/bq51013EVM-pr.
- bq51013 wireless power receiver: www.ti.com/bq51013rec-pr.
Availability and pricing
The bq500210 wireless power transmitter is available now in a 7-mm x 7-mm QFN package, priced at $4.50 in quantities of 1,000.
Find out more about TI's bqTESLA wireless power portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Visit TI's wireless power solution web page; view wireless power video overview: www.ti.com/wirelesspower-pr.
- Download the following:
- bq51013 data sheet or order samples: www.ti.com/bq51013pf-pr.
- Ask questions; help solve problems in the Wireless Power forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/wirelesspowerforum-pr.
- Download the new Power Management Guide: www.ti.com/powerguide-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
bqTESLA and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
More by this Source
TI introduces industry-leading ultra-low noise, high PSRR linear voltage regulators
May 14, 2013, 08:00 ET
TI CEO Rich Templeton to deliver keynote at J.P. Morgan investor conference
May 09, 2013, 13:16 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.