Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Lincoln 2.0 Inaugural Ball on Sunday, January 18
Tickets, while available, can be purchased until
- Grammy Award-winner
Anita Baker- Enjoy the soulful stylings of eight-time Grammy Award-winner Anita Baker. Baker's sophisticated sound is legendary on classics like "Sweet Love," "Giving You the Best That I Got" and "Just Because," and she'll be debuting a new album this year.
- Keb' Mo' to Debut his New Song Written Especially for the Occasion - Another Grammy-winner, Keb' Mo', will entertain guests with contemporary blues, including his new song "
Brand New America." Mo recently contributed to the "Yes We Can" compilation CD that was inspired by the Obama campaign.
- Celebrate Good Times with JT Taylor - JT Taylor, former lead singer of the R&B/funk band Kool & the Gang, was just added to the entertainment line-up.
- Exclusive After-Hours Art Tours - Take advantage of intimate, exclusive after-hours tours of one of the greatest American art collections in the world. The Smithsonian America Art Museum's collection captures the aspirations, character and imagination of the American people throughout three centuries including works by
Gilbert Stuart, Winslow Homer, GeorgiaO'Keeffe, Edward Hopper, Jacob Lawrence, Christo, Nam June Paikand Robert Rauschenberg.
- Check out the Obama "Hope" portrait in person - The red and blue stencilled portrait of President-elect Obama became the central image of the election campaign. Be one of the first to see the newly acquired work by street artist Shepard Fairey.
- Honor Lincoln Connections - According to WTOP News, "the man behind the inspiration of President-elect
Barack Obama'scabinet assembly will be the inspiration for one of the many Inaugural Balls thrown in Obama's honor." The ball also launches DC's cultural community's four-month Lincoln bicentennial tribute -- in the actual location where Abraham Lincolnhimself was feted in 1865.
- Party with Lincoln - Peruse the invitation, dance card, menu and gowns worn at Lincoln's second Inaugural Ball in the special exhibition, "The Honor of Your Company is Requested." There will also be Lincoln look-alikes on hand for festive photo opps.
- All-Inclusive Experience - An elegant evening is wrapped up in one all-inclusive ticket price. While some other balls carry a hefty ticket price, along with a cash bar and few party snacks, the Lincoln 2.0 Ball features ample open bars, food stations and a stunning setting. Tickets are priced at
$375for general admission or $500for VIP tickets, which include access to a Victorian champagne reception in the museum's Great Hall and other special surprises.
- Sample DC's Wine Country - The boutique wineries dotting the countryside of nearby Loudoun County are supplying perfectly balanced varietals and surprisingly good blends for the evening. Spring for a VIP ticket and you can add on a special Victorian Champagne Party in the Museum's Great Hall.
- Invest in Arts & Culture - The Obamas have expressed their interest in the arts, and you can help support the impressive cultural community here in the nation's capital by attending this Ball. Proceeds of the event will go to benefit the Smithsonian American
Art Museumand The American Experience Foundation.
Ball tickets are available until
About Destination DC: Destination DC, the lead destination marketing organization for the nation's capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of more than 1,000 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities. Destinationdc.com.
SOURCE Destination DC
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.