Top 10 reasons to use a destination wedding planner
TORONTO, Feb. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - A ceremony on the beach or in a tropical garden may look simple at first glance. However, dealing with the many options and the complications of a wedding away can be a full-time job. Since most of us need to keep our day jobs, a destination wedding specialist may be the answer.
"Most of our brides tell us how confused and overwhelmed they've been when they first call us," says Certified Destination Wedding Specialist Karen Lantigua, owner of MyWeddingAway.com. "We specialize in destination weddings, so we can present clear options quickly and make sure everything is taken care of for a no-worries wedding away."
Top 10 reasons to consider a destination wedding specialist:
- Find your ultimate location - Whether you want party-central or an exotic, secluded spot, a specialist can find the right destination for you.
- Avoid last-minute surprises - Laws of marriage and guest entry requirements differ throughout the world. A destination wedding specialist is up-to-date and can advise you.
- Keep the umbrellas for your drinks - While a specialist can't guarantee beautiful weather, they know trends in different locations, and can tell you which dates are higher risk for poor weather.
- Have a shoulder to lean on - If you face missed connections, cancelled flights, and the like, your mom can't fix it, since she's probably stranded with you. Certified destination wedding specialists are travel agents who specialize in destination weddings - if you encounter travel problems, you'll be glad you booked through them.
- Skip the 3 A.M. calls - A destination wedding specialist here at home understands your expectations and is available easily (during the hours you're awake) by phone or email.
- Enjoy all the comforts of home, away from home - A specialist can help you include all the experiences that you'll want to include to make your wedding trip unforgettable: beauty treatments, golf, local tours.
- Don't get lost in translation - Language barriers only increase your stress when planning a wedding away. Working with a destination wedding specialist eliminates the high risk of misunderstanding.
- Scoop the deals and skip the pitfalls - Destination wedding specialists deal with resorts and suppliers every day, so they know the good deals and the reputable vendors.
- Keep an eye on the bottom line - A good destination wedding specialist will prepare you for any expenses you may not have thought of - plus, their services are included in the price of your group travel booking. Concentrate on the fun stuff while your planner takes care of the rest!
- Make it worry-free - Full-service specialists offer weekly RSVP updates, a free wedding website, cancellation and medical insurance.
If you're longing for a wedding away, don't let the complexities of planning cost you your dream wedding. Consider calling a certified destination wedding specialist who will make sure you can have your wedding cake away, and eat it too.