LOS ANGELES, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Now Hear This podcast festival has announced a new slate of talent for its inaugural event on Oct. 28-30 in Anaheim, California. Tickets are now on sale, with limited availability of early-bird pricing and VIP experience tickets.
Now Hear This is a multi-genre podcast festival curated for fans and created by leading podcast company Midroll Media.
An expanded roster of top podcast talent
The hosts of popular podcasts from multiple genres and networks such as Panoply and Maximum Fun have been added to the lineup for the fan-focused weekend of live performances, meet-and-greet opportunities and immersive fan experiences. Additions include:
- "Lore," the podcast about the dark historical stories that fuel our superstitions
- "Criminal," featuring stories of people who've done wrong, been wronged or gotten caught somewhere in the middle
- "Jordan, Jesse, Go!", a freewheeling comedy podcast about life in your 20s
- "The Gist," Slate's daily afternoon podcast about news, culture and everything else you're discussing with friends and family, hosted by Mike Pesca
- "Superego," the improvised comedy podcast hosted by Matt Gourley, Jeremy Carter, Mark McConville and Paul F. Tompkins
- "Spontaneanation," an improvised show from Paul F. Tompkins and special guests
- "Hello From the Magic Tavern," a podcast hosted and produced by Arnie Niekamp, set in a magical realm where Niekamp is trapped after falling through a dimensional rift in Chicago
- "Dear Prudence," a weekly advice podcast from Mallory Ortberg, based on the long-running Slate.com column
- "Crybabies," the podcast devoted to movies, songs and anything else that makes you want to cry, from co-hosts Sarah Thyre and Susan Orlean
- "The Canon," a weekly conversation about movies from film critics Devin Faraci and Amy Nicholson
- "I Was There Too," hosted by Matt Gourley, featuring stories from the people present in the great scenes of cinema history
The newly announced performances are in addition to the headliners announced earlier this month: Marc Maron of "WTF with Marc Maron," Scott Aukerman from "Comedy Bang! Bang!", Lauren Lapkus of "With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus" and Paul Scheer from "How Did This Get Made?". Also on the lineup is talent from the comedy podcast "The Brilliant Idiots."
Early-bird tickets available through Aug. 1
Tickets are on sale for Now Hear This, with early-bird pricing in effect through Aug. 1 at 10 p.m. Pacific time. After that time, regular ticket prices will go into effect. There are three tiers of tickets:
Three-Day General Admission Pass: Includes access to all podcast sessions and the exhibit floor. Price: $110 early bird, $150 regular
Three-Day VIP Pass: Includes all GA pass benefits, plus speed-line access into all podcast sessions; reserved seating at select podcast sessions; and meet, greet and photo opportunities with select talent. Price: $180 early bird, $200 regular
Three-Day Upgraded VIP Pass: Includes all VIP pass benefits, plus breakfast with select talent on Oct. 30; access to VIP lounge with full meal, snack and beverage breaks throughout the festival; and three vouchers for alcoholic beverages (for guests ages 21 and up only). Price: $260 early bird, $280 regular
For all details on tickets, including FAQs and links to purchase, visit nowhearthisfest.com and click on "Buy Tickets." Additional headliners and guests will continue to be announced in coming weeks at nowhearthisfest.com.
About Midroll Media
Midroll Media is a leading podcast production company and advertising network that is changing the face of digital audio. It is the parent company of the Earwolf network and its top-ranked comedy podcasts; popular podcast listening platform Stitcher; the Howl premium subscription service, available at howl.fm and via apps for iOS and Android; and the Midroll advertising network, representing over 200 of the world's largest podcasts. With offices in Los Angeles and New York City, Midroll was founded in 2010 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/top-podcasts-lore-criminal-and-more-added-to-lineup-for-now-hear-this-festival-tickets-now-on-sale-300299014.html
SOURCE The E.W. Scripps Company