Total Wine & More's Spirited Selections for Cheerful Holiday Entertaining
From wine to beer and everything in between, America's largest independent retailer of fine wine, spirits and beer selects its top picks for imbibing during the 2012 holiday season
POTOMAC, Md., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Selecting that perfect wine, spirit or beer can be an overwhelming task with so many parties, events and gifts to plan during the holiday season. This year, Total Wine & More takes the guesswork out of the equation by offering festive suggestions for a variety of occasions. From food and drink pairings and cocktail recipes to sparkling wines, gifts and more, there is something to please every palate.
The expertly trained staff from Total Wine & More locations from coast-to-coast compiled their top picks to guide consumers through the holiday entertaining and party circuit. Among Total Wine & More's vast selection of more than 8,000 wines, 3,000 spirits and 2,500 beers, the experts have narrowed it down to some excellent choices. Suggestions for a variety of occasions include:
- Best Wines to Pair with Prime Rib: A medium-bodied to full-bodied Red like: Line Shack Petite Sirah at $14.99, Chateau Chevalier Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon at $24.99 and Chateau Dauzac Margaux 2009 at $49.99.
- Best Gift for the Host/Hostess Under $10: The Vacu Vin Winesaver at $9.99 is a great way to preserve all types of wine (excluding sparkling wines) after opening and is a gift best seller!
- Best Pre-Dinner Cocktail: We love our Mistletoe Martini Recipe. Pour Summum Vodka over ice into a cocktail shaker adding Montbisou Framboise and Cruse Brut Sparkling Wine. Stir it, then strain into a glass. Finish by garnishing with a mint sprig.
- Best Wine Alternative: Sparkling Cider is a fun and delicious alternative, try Martinelli's.
- Best Dessert Wine to Replace Dessert: Something sweet, but not excessively filling. We like: Sobon Zinfandel Port 375ml at $14.99, Quinta de Ventozelo 10 Year Tawny at $27.99 and Chateau Suduiraut Sauternes 2007 - 375ml at $49.97.
- Best Sparkling for a New Year's Eve Toast: No celebration is complete without the perfect champagne. Try: Louis Bouillot Perle d'Aurore Rose at $15.99, Montaudon Brut NV at $34.99 and Robert Moncuit Grand Cru Vintage at $59.99.
- Best Thematic Labels: Dasher and Dancer Merlot and Prancer and Vixen White Zinfandel not only have festive names, but labels too!
In addition to the suggestions above, the Total Wine & More staff at any of its 88 locations across the U.S. can provide a more personalized recommendation based on the type of occasion, taste preferences, price point and more. With more than 13,500 products, Total Wine & More offers plenty of options for all budgets, and is always the price leader in each of its markets.
For more information on Total Wine & More, including locations, in-store events, educational classroom and more, visit www.totalwine.com.
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More operates 88 wine superstores in 14 states. The company's vast selection of products, combined with low everyday prices and expertly trained wine associates, brings a unique shopping experience to the consumer. Total Wine & More has the distinction of being Beverage Dynamic's 2008 Retailer of the Year, Market Watch's 2006 Retailer of the Year, and Wine Enthusiast's 2004 Retailer of the Year. Since opening its first store in 1991, Total Wine & More has been committed to being the premier wine retailer in every community that it serves. For more information and store locations, please visit www.totalwine.com.
SOURCE Total Wine & More
More by this Source
This Halloween, Total Wine & More will help you be the Ghostess with the Mostess!
Oct 08, 2013, 19:54 ET
Total Wine & More Brings Low Prices on Wine to State Capital
Jul 08, 2013, 12:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.