Toyota Canada Inc. reports February sales
TORONTO, March 1, 2013 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. sold 10,775 vehicles in February, down 13% versus 2012.
Favourable results include TCI truck sales of 5,601 setting a new February record. The new, fourth-generation RAV4 set a February record with sales of 2,371 in its first month on sale. Prius family also set a new February record with sales of 449 vehicles, up 24% year-to-date versus last year.
Toyota sales highlights for February 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Toyota sales: 9,712
- Toyota passenger car sales: 4,593
- Avalon sales up 183.3% for the month
- Toyota truck sales: 5,119 up 1.9% for the month :: New February record
- RAV4 sales up 59.6% for the month :: New February record
- Highlander sales up 7.3% for the month
- FJ Cruiser sales up 7.1% for the month
- Toyota hybrid sales: 708 :: Hybrids represented 7.3% of Toyota sales in February
- Prius c sales accounted for 27.5% of overall Toyota subcompact sales in February
- Highlander Hybrid sales up 31.7%
Lexus sales highlights for February 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Lexus luxury car sales: 335
- ES sales up 45.4% year-to-date
- GS 350 up 5.7% year-to-date
- LS sales up 122.2% year-to-date
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 482
- LX sales up 154.5% year-to-date
- GX sales up 9.3% year-to-date
- Lexus hybrid sales: 139 :: Hybrid models accounted for 17% of Lexus sales in February
Scion sales highlights for February 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Scion sales: 246
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
More by this Source
Toyota Canada Inc. sets annual record for truck sales
Dec 03, 2013, 15:34 ET
Toyota Canada September sales rise on strength of new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models
Oct 01, 2013, 13:38 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.