Toyota Canada Inc. reports January sales
- Launch of all-new Toyota Avalon results in 169% sales increase
- GS sales momentum continues by setting a new January record
- Prius family has best-ever January; Prius Plug-in best month ever
- New January record for Scion sales
TORONTO, Feb. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - For the month of January, TCI sold 9,438 vehicles, down 11.5% versus 2012. A key factor in the decline was a shortage of RAV4 inventory, in advance of the scheduled mid-February launch of the all-new 2013 RAV4.
Results from January included an increase of 169.2% in sales of the all-new Toyota Avalon,in its first full month of sales.
Among other highlights, there was continued growth for TCI hybrids, with a new January record of 853 vehicles sold (up 30.4%), led by a record January for the Prius family (up 63.1%) and Lexus hybrids (up 23.5%).
Toyota sales highlights for January 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Toyota sales: 8,333
- Toyota passenger car sales: 4,772
- Avalon sales: 105 (up 169.2%)
- Toyota truck sales: 3,561
- Tacoma 4x4 sales: 552 :: New January record (up 12.7%)
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 435 (up 16%)
- FJ Cruiser sales: 47 (up 9.3%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 664 (up 32.5%):: Hybrids represented 8% of Toyota sales in January
- Prius family sales: 429 :: New January record (up 63.1%)
- Prius Plug-in Hybrid :: 33 :: best month ever
- Prius c sales: 106 :: Accounted for 21.8% of overall Toyota subcompact sales in January
- Camry Hybrid sales: 176 (up 7.3%)
"As both the logical choice with dependable, long-lasting vehicles, we're also the inspired choice with a new generation of vehicles," said Larry Hutchinson, Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. "The all-new Avalon with its stylish and sportier exterior, more refined interior, and more engaging driving experience is just the beginning for a year that will feature exciting new vehicles like the 4th generation RAV4."
Lexus sales highlights for January 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Lexus luxury car sales: 359 (up 9.1%)
- GS 350 sales: 41 :: New January record (up 412.5%)
- ES sales: 117 (up 34.5%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 189 :: New January record (up 23.5%) :: Hybrid models accounted for 23.2% of Lexus sales in January
"The GS has been a tremendous success and there will be plenty more excitement in 2013," said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada. "The IS has been completely redesigned - inside and out - to provide a fresh example of our elegant new Lexus design language. Visit the Toronto auto show to see the 2014 IS."
Scion sales highlights for January 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Scion sales: 290 :: New January record (up 1.8%)
"We're pleased that Canadians continue to demonstrate their enthusiasm for Scion vehicles," said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Scion Canada.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
More by this Source
Toyota Canada Inc. sets annual record for truck sales
Dec 03, 2013, 15:34 ET
Toyota Canada September sales rise on strength of new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models
Oct 01, 2013, 13:38 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.