Toyota Canada September sales rise on strength of new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models
- Corolla records 36.3% increase in first full month of new model
TORONTO, Oct. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 17,268 vehicles in September, up 2.6% versus 2012, with record sales for Toyota cars, trucks and Lexus luxury vehicles.
Toyota division sales were up 3.3% versus 2012, powered by the Canadian-built Corolla and RAV4. In its first month of sale, the all-new Corolla sold 4,459 units, up 36.3%, while the RAV4 set another monthly record with sales of 2,766, making September the eighth straight month of record sales for the compact SUV.
September was also a record month for Lexus luxury vehicle sales with 1,580 sold, an increase of 1.5% versus 2012, marking the second straight month of record sales for the luxury brand.
Toyota sales highlights for September 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Toyota sales: 15,301 (up 3.3%)
- Toyota passenger car sales: 8,341 (up 9.9%)
- Avalon sales: 52 (up 67.7%)
- Camry sales: 1,756 (up 49.4%)
- Corolla sales: 4,459 (up 36.3%)
- Prius c sales: 260 (up 88.4%):: new September record :: 3rd straight month of record sales
- Toyota truck sales: 6,960
- 4Runner sales: 291 (up 13.7%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,766 (up 0.1%) :: new September record :: 8th straight month of record sales
- Sequoia sales: 66 (up 112.9%)
- Sienna sales: 878 (up 0.2%)
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 714 (up 2%)
Lexus sales highlights for September 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Lexus sales: 1,580 (up 1.5%) :: new September record :: 2nd straight month of record sales
- Lexus luxury car sales: 781
- IS sales: 313 (up 128.5%) :: new September record :: 2nd straight month of record sales
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 799 (up 6.7%)
- RX sales: 700 (up 8.2%)
- LX sales: 20 (up 33.3%)
Scion sales highlights for September 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Scion sales: 387
- tC sales: 159 (up 30.3%)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.